100 Happy Days, Part 2! Any Takers?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

#4 - SO Happy that we paid off a credit card, which feels like "one small step for man, one huge, giant, enormous step of progress for us!" I'm even happier that we did it while managing a couple of big unexpected expenses this year & forcing RAH to share the responsibility & control of our finances.

#5 - Happy & Grateful to have matured in my self-awareness enough to be able to see all the little lessons life is constantly showing me; not only in myself but in & through those that I love. All around me I am seeing examples of Acceptance & Letting Go, etc. Life is not really short on these examples now that I have my eyes & ears open......
Old 10-12-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm getting in on this late, due to a very very busy last few days, but I'll catch up here and then join in, OK?

10/8--I'm grateful for the new-ish roof on my house that my brother put on a few years ago.

10/9--I'm grateful to have a car that's reliable, even if I did end up putting a ton of money into it for repairs b/c I didn't do my due diligence when buying it...no one to blame but myself!

10/10--I'm grateful to be learning some new skills (spinning yarn and crocheting) to keep me interested and growing.

10/11--I'm grateful to have spent the AM volunteering at Glacial Trails trail race for the 7th consecutive year, seeing a lot of old familiar faces and meeting and greeting a lot of new ones too.

10/12--I'm grateful to have a job that allows me this amount of paid time off, even if I'm not thrilled w/the job itself. I was able to take today off to catch up on all I didn't get done this weekend since I had little time to sleep and NO time to attend to shopping, cooking, cleanup or other life maintenance since Thursday!

Thanks for the thread; hope you're all having a good day too.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

day 3 - grateful for tenderloin and artichokes for dinner - what a treat!

day 4 - grateful that my brother and I are mechanically inclined enough to fix my parents car - and that we had time to hang out with them this weekend

day 5 - grateful for crazy friends that visit for a SHORT time - the ones that will probably publicly embarrass you... but are down for anything you want to do....even if it gets you both arrested
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Grateful for a day off work.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for safe and green cleaning products.

I also want to share this gratitude list. I've been complaining less since I first saw it.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

5 - Thankful for a vivid imagination and finding playfulness inside of me. Thankful for my sponsor who does this in her life, and with her kids.

6. Thankful for healing! This morning I'm thankful for pain. For learning how to feel, accept, lighten and heal it. How to live my life during it, and strengthen my body to lessen it. Thankful I can do my part in life, and finding reasonable expectations of myself. Thankful for the days when I'm capable of 1% and accepting that is enough. Thankful for the days when I can give much more, and accepting this is also enough.

Thankful for being enough, as I am today.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

1. I'm about to go on holiday, so won't be online much! Very grateful for that!

2-5. I have been working on the Japanese Art of Tidying book that is all the rage. I've gotten three drawers done. That was several bags to Goodwill. I started with my drawers so I would not leave a mess for RAH. Im not very good at folding yet as she recommends, but rolling my pajamas and tank tops seems to be effective too. I had to file some papers as well and I sent a paper grocery sack off to be shredded! When I get back from vacation, I will be redoing my closet as she recommends. I have shoe boxes stacked up for storage and anxious to see if her system is going to keep me on the straight and narrow with clutter!

6. Also on Sunday I ran my fastest half marathon - ever. 2:54:49! I am one steady turtle I tell ya!

8. I also ran a half the previous Sunday and mentally I was really strong. I pushed us and kept us on pace. We dropped 13 minutes from last year's time! That is like dropping a mile!

9 & 10. For the past two weeks after the half, I still went to SPIN on Monday. My legs are so strong I was able to whip through the classes. I might still be technically obese but I have muscle and endurance for days. I started to cry in spin last night because I was so grateful to be healthy and strong. Luckily the lights were off!

11. I've been at my job two years. These women did not know me in my Codie days. They think I'm calm and reasoned. It is mostly true now.

12. I got some of my fall decor up this weekend. I really like my pumpkin display on my mantle. When Halloween is over, I turn their carved faces to the back, and I'm good to go through Thanksgiving!

13. On Sunday we went to see a movie my H was interested in. it was really enjoyable to do something a little different on a Sunday night!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

#6 - Happy that I started this thread - you guys are inspiring me SO much!!! Look at all the amazing things you are thinking, feeling & doing!! I started a huge donation pile last night.

I can already feel the pull toward the positive more often on a daily basis since starting this thread. I am finding no shortage of things to be happy about - from big stuff like a client dropping by the office yesterday just to tell me how much she appreciates me/us (score!!) to small stuff like watching a kid dance down the street, walking home from his bus drop. How young, carefree & joyful!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

#6 Today, I am grateful for Pepsi. I was able to buy it yesterday and enjoy it without thinking of AH and alcohol he mixes with it. Did not even know that soda would trigger me so much. But yep, I can drink it again, and not hate seeing it in the fridge.

I am also grateful for a full meal I had yesterday. I am usually very lazy to cook for myself only. But I did it, and loved it.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

October 13--Grateful for Codejob's post about rolling up shirts, etc., in your dresser drawers instead of folding. I am also a bad folder! I rolled up one drawer's worth of stuff this AM right after reading it and it just seems so much more orderly.

I'm really trying to streamline my life, so any hint that cuts down on my maintenance time is something that REALLY contributes to my happy day!
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

day 6 - grateful for recovery in general, and the changes I am seeing in myself in my ability to be happy, and to deal with life's curve balls.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Today I am happy that STBXAH and I have settled on Tuesdays as his weekday with our son. I get to spend part of the evening with my younger daughter, and then the rest of the evening with a friend.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thankful for my body-i haven't always treated at as a temple, in fact I abused it with drinking, smoking and prior to being married, men. Thankful to respect and honor myself enough to stop the destructive behaviors. Thankful my legs are going to be carrying me through another half marathon in a few short months. And thankful for celebrity gossip magazines God is good.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Vain as it may sound, sometimes you just gotta love a good hair day!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 5 - 10/12

Happy for a day off... so grateful to have a job with paid holidays.

Day 6- 10/13

Happy I was able to FINALLY get ALL the laundry washed and put away, this weekend, including the gazillion baby socks
I was happy to not have to dig through baskets this morning to find matching outfits for the kids and me... It starts my week off a bit less scattered.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great Al-anon meeting this morning.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

#7 - Happy to have some alone time over the next few days now that RAH has left for his trip. I finished all of my cleaning, laundry, etc last night so that DD & I will come home to a completely cleaned house. I have so many fun things planned for the next few days that I am incredibly grateful for!!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

October 14--Grateful for the big pile of acorn squash my mom gave me this past weekend! I've got them all baked, now just to bag and freeze them for consumption over the course of the winter.

Made a really scrumptious and simple soup using sauteed garlic, roasted acorn squash puree, chicken broth and a dab of coconut milk to make it creamy...didn't expect it to turn out so wonderful! My brain is boiling w/ideas for variations now.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

10/14
No more diapers!! Even through the night, both my boys are champs!

Honeypig.... your soup sounds delicious!
Old 10-14-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful today for this forum for helping enlighten me and break me out of feelings of terminal uniqueness, and grounding me in support even at times I resist it.