Does it get any easier?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by megsykreeg View Post
He was stressed last night and went to a meeting without me even prompting. He simply said "I should go to a meeting." I was very proud of him. I told him I was proud of him and to keep up the good work.
I'd go easy on the prompting and praising when he goes to a meeting. He has to go for his own sake, not for the sake of making you proud or because you suggested it. You can always just say, "Great--have a good meeting."
Old 05-23-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

his "support" of YOUR recovery and healing:

Now it's difficult with my daughter as meetings in my area are either during work hours which I'm working or at 7 pm which I cannot bring my daughter with me bc of bed time. I mentioned to my husband I wanted to go and he said I didn't need it

your "support" of HIS recovery:

He was stressed last night and went to a meeting without me even prompting. He simply said "I should go to a meeting." I was very proud of him. I told him I was proud of him and to keep up the good work.

see the difference? see who is still the center of the known universe?
what about what megsy wants and megsy needs?
Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by megsykreeg View Post
I feel like life will always will a constant roller coaster with my RAH. He drank Friday night... said it was a one time deal... I was forced to leave the house that night. I have told him this will be my reaction everytime he drinks. I will take my daughter and our other child once born and leave. When he stops drinking we can come home. I just don't even know how to talk to him anymore. He's not drank since and seems to be back on track. Today he called a friend for accountability and they suggested he talk to another friend so he did. He asked his friend if he can trust him to keep what they say in confidence and not tell my dad who is the pastor of our church. He said he would tell my dad. I just pray that he will still be accountable to someone and not keep trying to do it on his own. We know that doesn't work. Just not drinking is not a solution because he will drink again. I'm 16 wks pregnant and just cannot take the stress. He said he'll be accountable to me but that's not the roll I want to be in. He has been getting up early each morning and reading the Bible and praying with me which I think is a great step. He called his friend on his own today without prompting by me. I'm just tired of worrying about him and just want to have a peace that he will be ok. I just wish it would get easier.

just wondering what RAH stands for?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Recovered Alcoholic Husband.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Or maybe Recovering..