Can't keep this bottled up or it will eat me alive

Old 04-26-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't keep this bottled up or it will eat me alive

Dear SR friends,

Told my STBXAH that I wanted a divorce in early January. Then he amended his ways and begged for another chance to prove he could get into recovery. So, I moved to the guest room. We have been getting along alright, and the kids have been doing pretty well.

He is still drinking and gets drunk every 3rd day on average. Our 11 year old son noticed his drunkenness Wed last week and was talking about how uncomfortable he is with Dad like that.

Then the kicker happens. He got drunk Thursday and started calling hookers (his cell phone number history is all these call girls from the internet). He finally stopped at about the 10th call when he found one with MY FIRST NAME. He met her at the bar, left with her, and then did whatever it is that men do with hookers.

MY FIRST NAME???????????

I having been filling out the divorce paperwork since Friday morning when I saw the hooker's website.

I am done.

He went to a hooker with MY FIRST NAME?

God wanted to be sure that I wouldn't change my mind this time.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure it would have mattered a whole lot if he had visited a prostitute bye the name of Bathilda. It's still a real good reson to get that divorce rolling...
Old 04-26-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hate to tell you this, but it is not that surprising. Only dear Lord knows what is in their heads when they do stuff like that.

I was just thinking something half an hour ago: Someone calls me the b word. An it is ok, I'll forget. Not everyone likes me. But the level of insults my AH developed, getting so low and on the personal level "You are a bitch just like your mom. What's the problem if I say that? You called her a bitch." (I really really suffer for not having a mom, who died of cancer and who was incredibly cruel during her last 6 months of life, blaming everybody for her condition.) Now that is an insult that makes you crumble inside.

Well it is kinda like that with you. A hooker ain't enough. If you share the same name, it is on a much more personal level.

Be strong, and use that anger in a productive way. Focus on divorce. He deserves it.

And an update: After what was going on between us this weekend, hardly talked, I just see that he thumbed up the pic of one of my cousins on Facebook. Go figure. But perfectly expectable.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

OMG.

And bless you for paying attention to the sign this time.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have no words.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got words, but they'll only get me banned. My ex used to like to cruise the craigslist skanks. He claims to never have met one in real life, but who the heck knows with these freaks. Just another drug for them.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

G- Maybe this is your rock bottom. Take notes and remember this feeling. It's so easy to forget and forgive them, another time.

Move forward with your life!!
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One of my exes, a full blown narcissist, has dated two Florences after me (not our real names), and married one of them. I refer to us as Florence 1, 2, and 3.

GOOD RIDDANCE.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Lord...get away as quickly as you can, and do what you have to to keep your children away too.

I am so so sorry. XXX
Old 04-27-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow. I guess signs don't GET much more clear than that.

I'm so sorry, I know I would be heartbroken. (((((hugs)))))
Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Speechless. Godspeed!
Old 04-27-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

my ex screwball was just like that too. yep.. wait untill you start dating again.. I went out with this nice man that was a magician and worked with me as my clown.. he was going on about missing his wife as they had divorced too.. she turns up at my front door one day with a black eye. from my ex and she is in tears.. had never met her before. ekekekek.. got her to calm down and she stayed with me a couple of days.. no kidding ... well ladies chat and as she got better she noted my clown stuff. that is so fun she says my ex is a magician ... my daughter almost fell off her chair.. we all looked at each other. really I said. his name would not be Charlie would it. laughter people we went in to sobs of laughter... she missed him and was not happy with dating... Charlie came over and we put them in the kitchen... guess what that was 1986 they are married yet today. so sometimes there is a happy ending.. ekekkeekkeke...
Old 04-27-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, I'm sure it's a match made in heaven with a hooker named Godismyrock

Wishing you a speedy exit from the marriage, and some long overdue peace...oh, and sending (((hugs))) and apologies for my joke made in poor taste
Old 04-27-2015, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Stay strong, this is definitely not a good example for your son.

@Firebolt: it might be a bit tasteless but it was funny!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Well, I'm sure it's a match made in heaven with a hooker named Godismyrock
Thank you for making me laugh today. I really needed that.