Time for me

Old 03-25-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time for me

I have started to feel the fabulousity (it should be a real word:-) of my own recovery. It is fragile but it is blossoming. So I am going to have a "me" weekend- starting today. (It's a long me weekend).

Today I had my toenails painted for the first time in years. Also lost 5 pounds after eye brow waxing was complete- they were that bad.

So- What do you all like to do to treat yourself to a little extra smile?
Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today I took my fur babies to the vet and groomer. Then I washed and waxed my car. It is such a relief to be able to do the little things without worrying about what new mess will be at home or whether I will have to call the police tonight, Breathe...
Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

After I dropped the kids off at daycare, and AH at work, I went and got a mocha, just for me, by myself, and was a few minutes late to work, but it was worth it.
I miss having time by myself.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay for you!!!

My daughter had gotten me this awesome bath bomb from the store Lush. My girls and I looked up how to make homemade bath bombs and have been doing so, it's really fun! I then take a nice bath with one of those!

I got a new purse the other day as a reward to myself for losing weight. I buy a new book on my nook as a reward. I got a new water cup that I really like. OK, laugh it up, but it inspires me to drink more water, which is one of my health goals.

There are all sorts of ways to treat yourself. Some can cost nothing (took my dog to the new dog park that was recently built here) to costing a lot (spa day)! No matter what you do, just do it for you and most importantly, ENJOY!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like to vapourise essential oils in my home so it smells and feels lovely and homely. I also like to clean. There's something about taking control of my space and making it all lovely that I find very relaxing.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lush is one of my favorite stores in the MOA, was just there a few weeks ago. The packaging gets me all the time. Love that place. The products are great as well.

Got my kitty groomed and vaccinated yesterday, and my youngest daughter just got home at 5 this morning from Clearwater Beach FL, tonight I get my souviners!

We live in Wisconsin so she got to enjoy some sun and sand for spring break. Brat!
Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've been doing the 21-day Meditation program from Deepak/Oprah that's going on right now.

I won a bunch of random gift certificates in a raffle at a work event a couple of weeks ago, so last night I pulled them out & planned a whole day for DD & I this Saturday. After her meditation class we'll have lunch & maybe a pedicure depending on time..... then she's getting a haircut & I'm getting my eyelashes dyed. (I usually do it myself, but for free I'll have it done in a salon this time.) That should leave enough time for ice cream before her yoga class, lol.

Tonight DD is staying at a friend's house since they start spring break tomorrow & RAH is due for a meeting so I may luck out & get a small window of time alone at home. If so, yoga/meditation/Netflix are tops on my list tonight, along with an Epsom salt bath.

Yesterday we had a work event downtown & I took some time to shop in the art studio that benefits our local abused women's shelter. They carry all kinds of artwork & clothing so it wasn't difficult to find something to purchase. I'm thinking about volunteering with that organization so I also grabbed some pamphlets while I was there..... I will call them in a few weeks when things calm down more at work. (high season right now)

BossLady is wonderful & informed me yesterday that I am overdue for a Mental Health Day - a day off for no reason except to pamper myself. Not allowed to be a sick-at-home-with-the-kid-day or to be spent cleaning or doing anything even remotely related to responsibilities..... she reminded me that I have an unused massage voucher from a package that we bought through the office. Hmmmmmm....... might spend some time tonight planning my "Me Day" for after Easter.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love these ideas! I hope you all don't mind if I borrow them. Mochas, and bath bombs, and oils, and meditation here I come!!!! Also must drink more water too!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well...get you a cute cup to drink it out of, makes it great!

Originally Posted by amberly View Post
I love these ideas! I hope you all don't mind if I borrow them. Mochas, and bath bombs, and oils, and meditation here I come!!!! Also must drink more water too!
Old 03-26-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Im looking forward to next friday night dinner in my brothers house
On the saturday Night Im seeing Nicki Minaj in concert with my daughter.
This is an awesome thread as with my exab I was in a fog and could see only him
Now Im free to be normal Hurrah
Old 03-26-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tonight I listened to a live band for a bit. They played Dock of the Bay for me as the sun was setting and the perfect breeze was blowing. And I felt my soul smile. I had no idea how much of myself I had lost. Ormaybe I did know but I thought that part of me was lost for good. And breathe...
Old 03-27-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today I took in beautiful mountain scenery while sitting in front of a cozy outdoor fireplace. Ahhhh- fresh air.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I took last week off for myself and spent 2 days at the ocean, it is too cold to swim, but it was so peaceful. I brought a book and read.

At home I like to take a bath, a hot bubble bath, and light candles, and put on some Stevie Nicks or Eric Clapton. That is my happy place.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i have such a rotten cold or allergy took to bed early that was luxury for me
Old 03-28-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I bought myself some flowers.

All the best Phiz ����
Old 03-28-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Deep deep breathes. Thank you all for sharing. You made my weekend 10 times better. Tomorrow is back to reality. I can' t wait to see my fur babies tomorrow.

But I am sad too. I had a horrible nightmare last night about my AH. And being here this weekend has made me think of some unpleasant times when he was here with me.

I bought his return ticket yesterday and have spoken to him while here. Somehow my personal balance is already screwed up by that and I find myself resenting him so much. He has been in treatment for a month and everytime I have spoken with him he needs something. Normally I am ok with that. But I just wanted one freakin weekend for myself. I know I should have just ignored his calls- but I didn't. Ladies and gents please don't let anyone highjack your "me" time.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yesterday I had lunch with a new friend at a 50s diner. We sat in a booth that had a nice view of the river and listened to oldies on the juke box as we ate our cheeseburgers. Today I did absolutely nothing but enjoyed every minute of it
Old 03-29-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I love the idea of just being and enjoying it!