I hate me

Old 03-05-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freetosmile View Post
I got the grade back on my A&P midterm exam.

I got a C.
My favorite college professor never hesitated to tell her students, "Cs get Degrees."

While it sounds like this won't be your Course grade, but if your school is similar to mine, a C in the course will not prevent you from taking the next course in your program. Just take some time to study, and realize it's ok to learn the stuff after the exam. As long as you learn it, and take it with you on your journey. I've had many test that I learned the material after the fact. Better late than never, yeah?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
Free, I think maybe it's time you get yourself a theme song. So strap on your roller skates. I thought this would be a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGwHtGBZJU
Love it!
Old 03-06-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am totally down with that soundtrack! I love that video of Hal! So funny.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey, free.....I hope that you are getting some rest on this school vacation and that you are continuing to heal properly from you surgery.

Thinking of you. How about giving us a shout......

dandylion
Old 03-10-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hugs, free. I think it's great you are in school and when I got a c in nursing school we used to joke and say the C is the new A. And I struggle with Math too. You have been through a lot but you sound like you are weathering the storms and are keeping a positive outlook. Don't hate yourself but love yourself and everything will be okay. You've got this, girl. Hot flashes suck too and the hormone changes. Give yourself time to recover. Keep smiling
Old 03-11-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

free....your SR family is wondering how you are doing.....?

dandylion
Old 03-11-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I second that free.....how are you doing???
Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah--what's up girl?
Old 03-11-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I have a hypochondriac friend who hates when I remind her that even the bottom of the class still becomes a doctor. Mean? Maybe. But you don't know her. Lol
Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The bottom of the class go into psychiatry. Less demanding field and residency.
The top of the class pursue Surgical residency and subspecialty.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I was on the Dean's list. Got my degree in French Literature. Now I am happily underemployed as a janitor. I am an awesome janitor. An A plus janitor, one might say.
Grades do not equal real life.
Hope you're getting plenty of rest FTS. Take care.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy....it has been my observation that specialty, in medicine, is actually chosen more by personality than by just academic standing.

dandylion
Old 03-12-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

That is true too, but those that do not do well academically mostly choose psych.as it is easier.

I proctor/grade over 245 3rd and 4th year students and 10 PA's yearly through surgery and critical care clerkships.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy.....I, respectfully, do not agree with your blanket assessment of psychiatry.
I have been in medical field since I was 17yrs. old. First as an RN for several years. Now, as a PA for several years. I worked several years in surgery, and I spent several years in psychiatry (my first love). I was at the top of m y class in Nursing Program as well as the PA program.
Over the years, I have worked in many areas of medicine...ER in big city hospital, infectious disease, personal PA for the chief of neurology at a major university hospital, peds, general medicine, etc. LOL! I have been around the block in one way or another.

If you are talking about the sheer hours required for surgery...I agree that they can be pretty stiff. And, the personalities that one has to deal with can be pretty hostile and unforgiving in many circumstances.
But, each specialty has its positives and negatives and has a different requirement from the practioner. That is why it is so important to h ave a good "fit" for one's chosen area.
One of the things about psychiatry, is, that, over the long haul of a career....it has been seen as one of the most stressful.

Actually, I have respect for every one of the specialties...as I have seen the very best in every one of them that I have had contact with.
I simply cannot agree that one type comes from the lowest grade level and another comes from the highest. Just too much of a blanket statement.

I must now, apologize to free for too much cross-talking on her thread. Maybe this ought to go to another thread...lol!
I just couldn't keep silent on this....

respectfully,
dandylion
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

free....here's hoping that you will drop in and let us know how you are doing.

I've been thinking about you and hope that you are healing well.
I'm sure that we all are...

dandylion
Old 03-12-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I've been missing SR like crazy! It is time to reconnect! I feel GREAT today. I took my dog for a walk today. First walk since surgery. It went great. No pain and the weather was fantastic. I bought a fit bit (that wrist band that tracks your physical activity). I adore it. Part of my codie recovery is getting my health in order.

I said I was going to use the next argument with AH to "give him what he wants" and go full speed ahead with divorce. That has not happened yet. I guess it's a good and bad thing, imo. In glad for the peace, but am hyper vigilant. My instincts tell me that I am going to have a long run of peace. The meds he is taking are REALLY working for him. He is thinking like a normal human being. He has not asked to come home, he has been sober, he is hitting meetings daily, counseling and still doing CD counseling.

This week has been spring break for me and oh my have I enjoyed it. I still am not driving much yet, but I will be ready next week when school starts.

I am ready to recommit to my codie recovery. I think my hormones have leveled out enough for me to actually have a REAL emotion!! Ha!

Really have missed SR! You guys have no idea how much I adore you all and I am happy to say that I'm back!

Hugs!!
Old 03-12-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yay! Glad you're feeling better!

I had to bring my cat into the vet for bladder surgery a week ago, and my thought was, at least Free doesn't have to wear a cone on her head!
Old 03-12-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better and things are going well.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Yay! Glad you're feeling better!

I had to bring my cat into the vet for bladder surgery a week ago, and my thought was, at least Free doesn't have to wear a cone on her head!
Ha!!

Ah yes...although I think some humans need the "cone of shame"!!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

free....I am so glad to hear from you...and to know that you are doing so well!
How nice, that, just as spring is breaking, you are feeling physically- good enough, and, emotionally--peaceful enough to enjoy it!!
Bring on the daffodils and baby birds....

dandylion