Are you freaking kidding me?

Old 01-31-2015, 01:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

FTS is very wise in her new-found empowerment and kick-assedness. She held her ground pretty hard when she first got here, and even up through the first part of her AH's trip through detox. You can do this. You are NOT stuck. And your 17-year-old will deal. Finding a good therapist for her wouldn't be a bad idea. She's lived in such a toxic environment for so long that she could really use an impartial third party to spill her guts to. (((HUGS)))
Old 01-31-2015, 02:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pink, I am really worried about you. If you have been eating frozen veggies and toast what has your daughter been eating? This isn't just abuse. It's like torture.

I don't know anything about your car but is there any chance you could apply for credit online with a dealership? It might cover towing to the shop plus repairs.

Another thing. I know where I live school districts will waive residency requirements for seniors if they provide their own transportation.

Your husband has made you a prisoner. It scares me for your safety. Don't hesitate to call 911 and report him
Old 01-31-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

pink...I would like to just add that this clearly qualifies as abuse. It is financial abuse and, it is neglect of a child that he has responsibility for. This qualifies you for a lot of help.
Sometimes, people think that they don't qualify just because he "didn't hit me"....but, that isn't true. There are lots of criteria that are viewed as abuse by dv and other organizations.
What he is doing is illegal....

dandylion
Old 01-31-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

PP, this is really serious. You are isolated, about to lose communication and at his mercy for food. Please appeal to your brothers' again, even if it's through your mother.

It's up to you to take action. Your daughter may or may not understand, but you can't let that stop you. Read Dandilion's suggestions, as well as those of other posters.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Here's a whole list of shelters in Kentucky: Kentucky Domestic Violence Association. If you can't find help from the nearest one, call the Kentucky Domestic Violence Association coalition--use the "contact us" number on the page. They can hook you up with the services you need. I've done trainings on DV in Kentucky--there are a lot of committed police, prosecutors, and advocates out there who will help you.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Lexie....many thanks for posting this website!

I think that lots of people could or would use the dv centers for help if they just understood that real help IS available....and if they just knew what that help "looked" like.

dandylion
Old 01-31-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Nothing to say to you Pink!!

But just sending you hugs and prayers....

We all care and worry for you and your daughters safety.

Just a suggestions, maybe the principal at your daughters school can direct you to a shelter that you didn't know about. Maybe a family that can take you in locally with your daughter staying at her school. ???

Sending prayers!!!