# 21 (permalink)  

Who hoo!!!!! Good for you.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Independence Day! Congrats!!!

ShootingStar1
Old 01-28-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow girl, you have come a long long way!

New adventure
Old 01-28-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

High five!! Way to go, lady!
Old 01-28-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

WOOHOO!!! I'm loving this confident, independent, sassy new Liz.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you, well done

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 01-29-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShootingStar1 View Post
Independence Day! Congrats!!!

ShootingStar1
Speaking of independence day; my AH has offered to help me move!!! He said, "Hey, I already know what's going on here and if you need help, I'm willing to help." Ummm, that is just a bit awkward but maybe I should take him up on it?

I need to get the electric switched over, the city maintenance set up, and the gas set up. I think the cable and internet can wait, though, until I know what day we will be in there for sure.

My son is really excited about the place and the new neighborhood has 2 tennis courts within walking distance of the house so he can meet his dad there when they want to get together. He also has a tennis friend who lives in that same neighborhood and he's hoping they can get together more often now.

Oh, and this is totally off topic but I saw the most beautiful coyote on my way out in the AM. 8:30 in the morning and this guy was just waltzing down the street. He even posed for a few pictures for me. He was as big as a german shepherd!
Old 01-29-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Coyote: This morning, I saw the hottest chick. I thought what a nice meal she would make if she wasn't in that damn car. Guess what--she even stopped to take pictures of me while I POSED. ....oh, well...better luck next time.....

dandylion
Old 01-29-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
torquemax777

Cute Dandelion! :-)
Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

yeah, torquemax....sometimes we just gotta laugh.

(stimulates the release of dopamine and other good stuff, you know....

dandylion
Old 01-29-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Coyote: This morning, I saw the hottest chick. I thought what a nice meal she would make if she wasn't in that damn car. Guess what--she even stopped to take pictures of me while I POSED. ....oh, well...better luck next time.....

dandylion
LOL!!! Actually, I turned my car around when he trotted down my cul de sac and followed HIM to get more pics! I'm sure he really felt wanted at that point! I was totally his paparazzi at that point!

Honestly, though, I am glad I wasn't out walking my dog(even though my dog is 50 pounds). We've been followed by curious coyotes before and I had one run behind us and track us down when I was on my way home. It freaked me out! Other neighbors carry sticks when they walk because the coyotes will bite or attack your dogs. Every year our neighborhood loses about 5 dogs in their backyards to coyotes and then we lose at least one to rattlesnakes.

The new neighborhood is still up here in the hills and my son saw 2 coyotes running through the park 2 weeks ago there when he was playing tennis at those courts. My friend who lives over there had a momma bobcat and her 2 babies camp out in her yard last spring. She had to lock her dogs in or they'd lose the fight to a momma bobcat. There's also been mountain lion sightings over there but I've heard the same about my neighborhood but have never seen one.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My dad has had to shoot a few that have come up to their yard b/c they will attack his horse if given the opportunity. I remember being so sad about it b/c they are so beautiful, but I understand that the horse and other animals need protection.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oh, dear God!

dandylion
Old 01-29-2015, 08:40 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy days are just ahead! Congrats on your new digs! I wouldn't accept his offer to help, however. You've GOT THIS!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Amazing news on the coyote and the laughter
However, I agree with doing this solo.
Now you have your wings it's time to learn how they work, without his 'help'
I am so excited for you

Driving my wagon of hope through beautiful views on my road to myself
Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

UGH, so frustrated. AH is NOT going out of town next week like he planned to so I'll be moving stuff out with him around....not that big of a deal but still awkward.

And, we are filling out the paperwork for the mediator and he checked off : interested in reconciliation....yes.

HA...that was not my response.

The first thing he says to me when he started working on his personal budget sheet from her was, "I'm already in the hole 9 grand...." My response was, "I haven't looked at the sheets yet but I expected us to be in financial sticker shock at first." Then I walked away.

I think the only reason he's interested in reconciliation is to save his finances from being taken by the courts.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Stay strong Liz, you can DO this!! I'm sure he'll do plenty of quacking before this is all over..... (((((hugs))))
Old 01-29-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Liz, Congratulations on your changes. You must be very proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished.

When I moved the majority of our stuff was his families, so I gave it back to him. I go to estate sales nearly every weekend. There is usually a couple in the area. I have purchased chairs, lights, dishes, toaster ovens, microwaves and so many other things for cheap. Saturdays around here it is usually 1/2 off the regular price. Check it out, as it is much cheaper then Craigs list for the big items!!

Good luck !!
Old 01-29-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
UGH, so frustrated. AH is NOT going out of town next week like he planned to so I'll be moving stuff out with him around....not that big of a deal but still awkward.

And, we are filling out the paperwork for the mediator and he checked off : interested in reconciliation....yes.

HA...that was not my response.

The first thing he says to me when he started working on his personal budget sheet from her was, "I'm already in the hole 9 grand...." My response was, "I haven't looked at the sheets yet but I expected us to be in financial sticker shock at first." Then I walked away.

I think the only reason he's interested in reconciliation is to save his finances from being taken by the courts.
Can you hire some big, burly studs to help you move? Like off-duty Chippendale dancers maybe? If so make sure to post us some pix.
My ex was always super whacko paranoid about filling out forms with financial info. I think it was partly because it made him actually see the amount of money he was spending on booze, benders and drinking-related legal expenses.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Can you hire some big, burly studs to help you move? Like off-duty Chippendale dancers maybe? If so make sure to post us some pix.
My ex was always super whacko paranoid about filling out forms with financial info. I think it was partly because it made him actually see the amount of money he was spending on booze, benders and drinking-related legal expenses.
LOL! I have a bunch of friends through my Al Anon meeting who are men, but they don't qualify as Chippendale dancers! I'm going to talk to one of the guys tomorrow at the meeting to see if they can all help me out at some point. If not, I will hire a moving company. It won't be too expensive because I'm really not moving a whole house....kinda like I'm moving 1/3 of a house. I'm in physical therapy for my back right now or else I'd attempt some of the midsize stuff myself.