What you need When you need it

Old 11-26-2014, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What you need When you need it

Ever have those times when you have some clarity about what you are dealing with and what you need to do...and out of what seems to be nowhere you run into a billboard screaming with something to help??

I want to give my daughter an alateen book - probably tomorrow early. It's the one day at a time book. Was giving it a skim this evening. Tomorrow's reading starts..."I could understand why my father was like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: he had a drinking problem. But I couldn't see why my mother was so touchy all the time."
DOH!!!!...in Homer Simpson speak...

Then I was looking for info on the SR help page...I click Family and Friends and the first article is - "Letting Your Loved One Hit Bottom" - First Step is Detachment.

Ok so this might sound silly but it feels a bit like I just got a divine street sign - lol.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

walkinganewpath - don't you just LOVE those neon signs that scream "do you HEAR me?!?!?" I did

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Detachment was the best thing for us both.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
The little red book!!!

So, are you thinking about marking that page before you give it to your daughter?
Old 11-26-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ixi

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
walkinganewpath - don't you just LOVE those neon signs that scream "do you HEAR me?!?!?" I did
I had an incredibly realistic dream before I broke up with XABF in which he got sober, we got married, and then, a few kids in, he relapsed. I woke up with the biggest "oh sh**" realization that I could not stay in that relationship. Exactly what I needed.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SeriousKarma View Post
The little red book!!!

So, are you thinking about marking that page before you give it to your daughter?
That page happens to be November 27th - today! Weird
Old 11-27-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ixi View Post
I had an incredibly realistic dream before I broke up with XABF in which he got sober, we got married, and then, a few kids in, he relapsed. I woke up with the biggest "oh sh**" realization that I could not stay in that relationship. Exactly what I needed.
Sometimes it's hard to listen to the voices/read the signs but I'm glad you did!! Also glad some were shown to me...still not sure where they're going to take us but that's not mine to know yet.

Have a great day!