Exucses

Old 11-25-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exucses

Another bball scrimmage and I think...I think....he showed up buzzed. Don't know that with certainty, but thats what I felt. After the scrimmage we drove home and were planning on going to dinner, but he decided to go back by the office; to me that's code for -- I'm going to drink once more alone. Went to dinner and just felt he wasn't quite right. He walked just fine, it was just a feeling. A waiter asked if we had an SUV because a door was left open on one in the parking lot. I asked what color and my husband interrupted to tell her we have a dark navy blue SUV that almost looks black. What? It is black and he knows it. What in the world?
Anyway, again, just a feeling and I have such a hard time telling if he is, but Im trying not to let it drive me nuts and it's not working out too well. He ate like a maniac and anything one of us didn't finish he did and still claimed to be starving...what in the world! Towards the end of the dinner he starts talking about what a stressful week its been, what a stressful couple of weeks it has been. He said it again in the car on the way home, too. I just get another feeling this is him making excuses for behavior he knows I'm aware of. Perhaps even further apologies/excuses for his cursing me out.
I'm sure I'm over thinking it and need to just let him be, but I'd rather know he's drunk than to not be able to tell and feel stupid like when my kids tell me they've known.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Trust your gut Katchie. If something seems amiss, it probably is.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Hopeful. The last relapse I experienced with my husband was like that and I kept point blank asking him and he lied to me until I finally just bypassed the asking and presented it as fact "I know you've been drinking. Let's talk about boundaries." He asked me how I knew. This aint my first rodeo.

Sending you big hugs, Katchie.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Katchie...I can't help mentioning that marijuanna gives people the munchies....
I do know that whenever I thought something was "off"....I turned out to be right....
dandylion