If you are new to 12 steps. Try 4.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
I said "summary" -- I didn't say "enlightenment" -- big difference.

And I have to say, as someone who has worked this program for 8 years, that I find it incredibly useful for me. If you don't find it useful, that's your thing. I guess I find it difficult to understand why you keep finding fault with a program that many people find useful -- why not just move on?
Really. The critiquing is wearing me out. And it's like reading a book review by someone whose entire knowledge of the story is from the trailer to the movie version on YouTube.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

ACT ON IT, is accountability.
Joining her battle, skewed my compass drastically. Now that I have learned that this is alcoholism, I am able to navigate this storm too.
Nothing I have seen in the 12 steps so far has told me that the RA will become accountable to those they have harmed the most.
Dude. This is all really controlling stuff. She is not accountable to you to stay sober. She is accountable to herself to stay sober. Period. That's the part you're missing here. NO program on the face of the planet works unless the addict wants sobriety for themselves. She deserves to live a sober life and if she believes that then she'll hold herself accountable. You're not going to get any assurance anywhere on whether she's working her program "correctly" enough for your standards.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Okay people, the original post has been addressed and this thread is going in circles.

Those of you who have clearly not read the rules please take a moment to do so. Giving advice to others, telling other people what their problem is, and sharing anything other than personal experience is not allowed.

This thread is now closed.

Mike
Moderator, SR