I need to vent a little

Old 11-21-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yeah, I heard him leave this morning. Usually, even if I'm on the couch, he will come in and kiss my head and say "love you". So he is still mad at me for something he did. This breaks my heart. I am going to try my hardest to ignore it and get my ducks lined up. I need a better job ASAP. 100 dollars a week isn't cutting it. He always said he will pay for everything. Just go make spending money. I just received an email from a bus company that wants all my info. Like just now. I will print out the packet and send it all in. Today. That will be step 1.

Jennifer
Old 11-21-2014, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

As a single parent, are you eligible for anything like housing allotments, etc.?
Perhaps you can stay in the area even if things don't work out but I know things
like that often have long wait lists. You might want to get to the office and get
on a list and find out about options just in case.

Not borrowing trouble or saying you should do anything Jennifer, but it is good
to keep as many options open as possible
Good job on the application by the way!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you are going through is, countrygirl.

I am wondering if there is a domestic violence center near you. It might be wise to contact them to familiarize yourself with their services in advance just in case you find you need to avail yourself of those services; they should be able to give you a list of telephone numbers to call or addresses to go to if there is an emergency. They should also able to provide you with an emergency plan (where to go if you have to leave your residence quickly and what to have ready to take with you - social security cards, birth certificates, drivers license, car title, bank cards and account information).

I hope that your guy seeks help and that everything stabilizes.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope so too. But in the meantime, plan B is going into place. I'm not going to lie. This whole thing hurts. My heart aches constantly and my head won't shut up. I'm going to be on here a lot for a while. I need to keep my sobriety.

Jennifer
Old 11-21-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
I hope so too. But in the meantime, plan B is going into place. I'm not going to lie. This whole thing hurts. My heart aches constantly and my head won't shut up. I'm going to be on here a lot for a while. I need to keep my sobriety.

Jennifer
We are here for you, Jennifer; keep leaning on us.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

countrygirl...I don't think I need to tell you that when it all seems to be too much...get to a meeting.

You are doing fine.

dandylion
Old 11-21-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I know. I want a meeting. It's the only time my brain stops. That may be impossible today, so I will call my sponsor, fill out my application, sleep, work, chop wood, and play a game with my daughter.

Jennifer
Old 11-21-2014, 01:38 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by countrygirl2014 View Post
I need to keep my sobriety.
Yes..this above all CG. I have said this before on the other side of the forums...protecting our sobriety allows us to finally...protect ourselves.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:30 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

chopping wood? i see so many similarities between you and me. the "guy" work, paying bills, basically everything that keeps a house going I have always done. Nit picked the entire time, but I did it.

Honey, i dont want to make you feel worse but take it from me. This will escalate if you hang around. I wrote many a letter and begged that we BOTH get sober. Letters were read, supposedly point taken and then crumbled into the trash. only i would not drink (for awhile..long story) if he isnt scared of himself and wondering WTH did i do...BAD SIGN
Old 11-21-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So the apology happened as did a reality check for him. He may have broken his foot. I asked when. He replied sometime Wednesday...the night in question. My higher power works in mysterious ways.

Jennifer
Old 11-21-2014, 08:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Yeah okla, that's me. I like to do physical work. "Man" work. I was an electrician for 15 years

Jennifer
Old 11-22-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

The people on here will give you advise that you will not take until you are ready. It's just like getting sober. It has to be your choice. So I'm just going to tell you about my daughter. Right now she is in therapy for her 5th year for depression and anxiety. She has decided that she never wants to get married because she's never seen a happy marriage. She's only 21. I did this to her. I did this because I thought that staying with her father was the best thing for all of us. Put yourself in your child's shoes. I don't know how young she is but the behavior you are describing WILL scar her no matter how old she is. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just asking you to look at your life through your child's eyes. Is this what you want for her? Don't make my mistakes!