And a step back....

Old 10-29-2014, 07:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for your post, Hopeful. I appreciate your plan (and will be using it) and your sister's perspective.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good Morning!

My alcoholic X spouse is a binge drinker. He would go for a time and not drink. For the past 6 months he has been seeing our children and not drinking or being under the influence with them there, so I had slipped and began to trust he could handle it for those days. Guess not.

I do have a game plan in order, that's the best I can do. It's a tough road, that's for sure.

Thanks again to everyone for the support. Happy Halloween!

Originally Posted by seek View Post
I also think you did a stellar job - I do have a question, though. To anyone with an active alcoholic spouse: Isn't the default that you would assume they would always be drunk? I have heard that courts are very liberal in assigning visitation to drunk spouses AND wouldn't you just assume that if you leave your kids with an alcoholic, they will drink?

And if that is the case, wouldn't it make sense to have a game plan in order and ready to go to remove the children and change custody? (I am sorry that I don't know custody arrangements these days - I am lucky because I am old and when I was raising kids mothers had all of the rights - it was assumed that 9 times out of 10, they would have their kids best interests at heart and would be responsible).