I know it shouldn't matter but...

Old 10-23-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I know it shouldn't matter but...

I can't help but play the last dalliance with my ex over in my mind. How he pulled me in with these words of love, that he couldn't imagine being with another woman, that he will be celibate the rest of his life after being with me. That he thought about me all the time. And then two days later, he acts so disrespectful and we have this huge blow up. Two weeks later, he is with a new woman ALL THE TIME! It shouldn't matter, I know. But all I can think is that if any of those words had been true, how in the world could he be so engaged with someone else so fast?

I am grateful though. This pain is so intense that change is being forced. I am actually thankful that it all went down the way it did. I can actually walk past him now and not even acknowledge his presence. (I may have to brace myself first but I can do it. Of course each day is full of aching moments when I walk around the corner and see her car in front of my house...his windows open...the same ones that were shut tight just a few weeks ago as he sat so sad and depressed over us...it is the most amazing thing...and not in a good way.