100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 08-25-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Here you go Stung: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...buzzwords.html

And extra ((((HUGS)))))) for you today.

I'm on Day #16. I'm so happy that despite all the traffic & seasonal BS, I live in an undeniably beautiful area of the country.

I have to face an irrational fear every day - I *hate* driving across bridges & if I think too hard about it, my skin just crawls. For my work commute I need to cross one that is about 2 or so miles end-to-end..... but it also gives me a moment in my day each morning when the sunrise & the blue sky & the open water just stretch out into forever, in a way that seems postcard-ish or surreal. Then I park my van next to the canal our office sits on & there's no telling what kind of water fowl or fish might be waking & squawking around. We've even seen small alligators & a stray manatee on the rare occasions.

When I first moved here from the greyer, mistier NE I thought the first few days were just anomalies. It took me a while to realize this IS the norm, that skies really DO get THAT blue.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Music made me happy today. I love a good frivolous pop song that makes you want to sing and dance.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for good sleep and pleasant dreams.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I guess my standard is to post a few at a time every few days...I'm so glad to see this thread keeps going.

So...over the last few days I've been happy for chocolate cake from Portillo's, ghost shows on tv that give me a little scare, and the choc dahlia that I received as a seedling from a garden center is now blooming - it is truly beautiful!
Old 08-26-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I get behind on this as well.... ewwww. Don't like feeling behind.

Sunday: I was able to take my daughter to work with me while she waited for her dad to pick her up. I always like to buy her treats there. She ate and met some of my regular customers. It always fills my bucket when they tell me how kind she is.... and she really is. She gets so shy when she meets people.

Monday: I had to go home early (again) as they are training a new server, and there are just too many of us there for what business we have. It is hard on my hours for my paycheck and also I miss out on a lot of tips. I, however, stopped at Dairy Queen and got sis a blizzard (oreo mint, her favorite) and a peanut buster parfait. I came home and got to spend some great time with her. We decided to go sleep in the tent trailer. We unzipped the windows, took out the blankets... and we stayed up for an extra two hours just talking and looking at the stars. That made me happy.

Today: This morning I woke up to a bird aggressively chirping away. It was loud, and pesky, and it was at 4 a.m. I was not so thrilled until I realized my daughter was holding my hand. I slept through it when she grabbed my hand, so when I awoke, it was a nice reminder that holding my hand is a comfort to her, and holding her hand is a comfort to me.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

#8 Grateful for fruit salad and extra creamy cool whip, twice today
Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

We have hit the beastly part of our summer here in S FL & I am so happy for AIR CONDITIONING. Ugh. I swear if you sit outside long enough, between the heat & humidity you can feel your brains melting out of your ears.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Today, Ikea made me happy. My older daughter loves sitting on all of the different chairs, couches, and beds. Baby DD loves that she gets a toy everytime we go there. I love how affordable their organizational stuff is.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful that I finally got my car in the shop to get the brakes fixed. It's leaking fluid somewhere on the line. Had to get on that, winter is coming.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Today I'm happy about cinnamon infused coffee and coconut milk creamer. Mmmm…
Old 08-27-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm happy today for game night & hearty laughs with friends.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Grateful for honest mechanics. There was an issue with my car that would have cost more to repair than the thing is actually worth. It's still driveable for now so I've got a loan app in to the credit union and am browsing the dealerships online with my budget in mind.
Also grateful to know about this before winter and before the car actually broke down. Nothing like hauling your trade in down to the dealership on a flatbed, lol.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I got behind too, lol.

Yesterday - happy for amazing teachers - DD has been really blessed with great teachers, counselors & helpers at her school since the day she started & this year is already looking like more of the same. I truly believe her success as a student is a combo of home & school working together toward a common goal & I'm so blessed that almost every teacher she's had has been easy for me to work with from my side of things.

Today - Happy for super-smooth, smiling phlebotomists that are able to draw my blood for labwork without anything more than a slight pinch & a good morning joke & I'm back out the door & on track with my day.

@ladyscribbler - GOOD CATCH by your mechanic, I agree it can be so hard to find trustworthy service repair sometimes!. When I find someone, I stick to them like glue!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Today, I'm thankful for Epi pens and I'm exceedingly grateful for emergency personnel and for the fact that they are people and parents too. Last night my 13 month old had a severe allergic reaction to pasta sauce. Her entire face, neck and ears were swollen, she couldn't swallow because her throat was swelling shut. I called 911 and used an Epi pen on her. The first person to arrive was a police officer (a dad of 4) and as soon as he walked through the door my daughter started projectile vomiting, like something out of a movie. Then half a dozen firefighters and paramedics were here and checking baby DD's stats. After that we went to the ER, where they gave her some shots of steroids and antihistamines. Ugh. She finally fell asleep around 11:00 and then once we were headed home my 2YO fell asleep too, who was beyond sweet and patient, she's such an amazing daughter and big sister.

And I'm more grateful for coffee today than I was yesterday.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Oh Stung, big hugs to your poor baby. That must have been terrifying. Thank goodness you kept your cool and that the emergency personnel were so quick to respond. Sounds like you and the girls need a good rest today. Of course right now they're probably little energy bombs, like they weren't up half the night. Maybe they'll take an extra long nap and go down early tonight.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Oh Stung, I am so glad to hear she is ok. Those types of things are so very scary. I am not good in situations of such.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yesterday I was blessed to spend the day at the State Fair with my daughter. We had corndogs and fries for lunch. We ate fudge while listening to bands there. We walked and talked and had the best time together. We left a little after noon and didn't get home until 10p. I took her to dinner at Olive Garden and then out for dessert of a waffle sundae. We came home and slept in the tent trailer. Had the best day with her. Enjoyed her so much.

Today I am thankful for a product I bought at the fair. It is a cleaning product. I am a sucker for cleaning products. It is called like quick and brite. Love the stuff...
Old 08-29-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Sick at home today but happy for mindless, trashy tv and frozen grapes. (they were so much better than popsicles for my sore throat and mild fever)
Old 08-29-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

#11 Today, I felt the autumn coming (oh, I so love it!); there was that slight difference in the air and the color of the sky. And I was grateful for the scent of freshly cut grass.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful my credit score has improved by leaps and bounds since I last checked it. My ex husband was a shopaholic and put my name on a bunch of accounts while I was deployed, unbeknownst to me. That's all cleared up now. Car shopping tomorrow!
Kind of excited. I've owned about four cars my whole life, and never really got to go pick one out for myself. It was always my mom with me or my husband.
Wish me luck!