I moved...

Old 07-31-2014, 11:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Your ah is doing what my ex did during my (first) divorce and he wasn't even an alcoholic. In court he tried to claim I was financially abusing him bc I hadn't provided him w bank details such as mortgage statements!!! The judge just laughed - HIS name was ON the mortgage and all he had to do was call them!! He knew that...just couldn't be bothered. It worked against him in the end.

Do what you know is right to do...if he has access let him do it....let him be 'free'. If he doesn't then provide. Or whatever YOU think is the right thing to do.

Hope you enjoy thx peace your new place will bring!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My ex did this too. I wasted time making spreadsheets and bending over backward to be accurate - he couldn't be bothered to even look at them! All he did was harass me by email, most often drunk as was easy to tell, accusing me of hiding assets and stealing his money and threatening he would ensure all my treachery would be exposed....quack quack quack.

Oh and my parents had been so good to him too despite some terrible behavior. He accused me of colluding with them against him - during our marriage, no matter how childish he acted I was supposed to "support my husband" - it's all quacking. Listen to your lawyer and your family and tune him out. Congrats on your move and your peaceful place with your daughters.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

The proverbial sh*t has hit the fan and he's grasping at straws. Document, pass it on to the lawyer, rest easy at night knowing he's bluffing.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone. You have no idea how much your replies are helping me. I don't know what I would do and have done without this board.

He has already moved on to something else as of 5 am this morning.

I settled out a little yesterday, but waking up this morning and seeing all of your replies and relates have just put my mind so much more at ease. I feel some weight lifted. Thank you all so much.