Just want a fresh start

Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just want a fresh start

Hello,

This year has been interesting for myself and I've also learned a lot about myself. I recently lost my job and basically I'm just over everything going on currently. So basically I've been thinking of moving and starting all over in a new place. It may be a bit extreme but it just feels right. I know I have a lot to consider but just the thought makes me happy.

Thanks for listening.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sometimes, moving to a new place to start over is just a way of running away from your problems. And if that's the case, be aware that YOU will still be moving with you.

That's what a friend advised me when I decided to move. She had a point. But I did manage to run away from a lot of problems that DID stay behind. And for me, it has been easier to get through working on myself because I didn't have to constantly be faced with "this is where we went for our anniversary dinner" and "oh **** there's AXH's car outside the grocery store, I guess I'll go to the other store 10 miles down the road instead" all the time.

For me, moving was the right decision. It was not easy. I don't have friends in my new town; I don't like my new job as well as my old one; I miss so much about where I used to live. But all of that is less important than the fact that I have an entirely new peace here. I know I'm not going to run into my ex. I know I'm not going to run into his boss or any of his drinking buddies or any of his old friends. I know I won't open the door and find him outside with a baseball bat.

Moving can be a new start. Moving can feel like opening a new door to a completely different life. That's what it's been like for me, and I hope it's the same for you.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Chris, I did that very thing about a year ago. I moved an hour away from my home town and all my friends thought I had lost my mind. Turned out to be just the thing I needed...A fresh start! I'm very happy I made the leap. I say trust your instincts! I did a lot of healing from a toxic relationship with an A and my new surroundings were a blessing to my troubled soul. I wish you the best and do what feels right for you. Some people in your life may not support you but always trust yourself to lead the way.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have only been removed from the situation a week and a half. The feelings I get when I think about starting over and making my own life are so exciting. Just thinking about future plans and taking steps towards new goals such a great feeling. I didn't realize how much of that was lost in the chaos of the toxic relationship.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You hold the cards to your future. No matter what you decide we are here for you. Change is hard, but it can be a very positive thing!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I am considering all my options but this one just feels so right for my son and I. I'm actually getting really excited now.