Tomorrow is the Move....

Old 07-28-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is the Move....

Ugh. My stomach is in knots. Just like you all said and my mother, the closer the move gets (its tomorrow) the more he is going to up the ante. Oh the things he said this weekend. Just the whole hamster wheel of a conversation he is able to create. Some (very few) questions he has asked have been at least in the zip code of being reasonable and he can even turn that into a convoluted mess.

He has turned from normal to complete a**hole in the blink of an eye, rinse and repeat.

For example, on Saturday he got in my mother’s face and ran his mouth and then a few hours later he comes up and says “do you parents want their standing fans back, I don’t want to get rid of them if they want them. Remember they let us borrow them when our AC broke” ?????? (we have both camps helping us pack, etc. His father is with him in the garage and my mom is helping me with the inside).

Anyway, I don’t want to write a book but I would sure love to hear some positive *****s from you guys. I need as much enouragement/motivation as I can get.

Tomorrow is the day. Tonight is my last night in the house of horror. Scared/Excited/Weird Feelings
Old 07-28-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh meggem, honey, what a trooper you've been leading up to this day! I am so excited for the peace you will have once you are settled. Hang in there, and remember the SR army is always at your back!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Enjoy the thought of what your life is going to be like from here on out. I admire your strength to leave and hope someday I will find my own. Sending you hugs and prayers for a smooth move.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

meggem, this is the time to listen to your head (exclusively)....and NOT your heart.
Right now, you are too vulnerable......

You are doing the right thing!

dandylion
Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are doing great! You are in the home run! Expect him to quack for a while, let it slide right off of you, pay no mind. Keep the focus on the positive! Almost there!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What folks said to me at this juncture that helped me keep some perspective: "You can do anything for 24 hours." So I did. I shut up, put on my serene face, detached as much as possible, approached the division of stuff with pragmatism, and tried not to be emotional and dramatic. Then it was over, and it was over. I did it.

So, you can do this for 24 hours. The light is at the end of the tunnel, and it is NOT a train!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Just think, in less than 24 hours:

() You will begin to get your serenity back, no longer dealing with this:
He is still taunting me, every 3rd or 4th day he stirs something up. He follows me around sometimes, gives me death glares, makes random open ended statements/declarations/accusations.
() You will find peace in EVERY room of your new home.... not just in the places that you "hide" from addiction
() You will design & decorate your space to reflect the awesomeness of who you are & how you are growing & changing
() The word "Home" will likely become synonymous with "Safe"
() You will embark on a WHOLE NEW BEGINNING with no clue as to what wonderful things are in store for you now that you no longer live with that negative, energy-sucking-vampire called active addiction.
() You will start sleeping better
() Your grocery bill will be significantly reduced
() You will have to learn to fix your own remote control
() Your children will blossom in the peace & repay you a hundredfold with belly laughs, kisses & hugs!

The next 24 hours will be very uncomfortable.... keep reminding yourself that no one ever died from discomfort!! It is temporary & it WILL pass!!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Peace

No walking on eggshells

No worrying about someone else's bad behavior

Just your own quiet space with your kids
Old 07-28-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Meggem, is this a positive step forward in embracing life? It sure seems like it from here. Hold on tightly. Keep working your own recovery and many good things are in store for you!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Another step towards a healthy life.
One foot in front of the other, one day at a time, don't look back just keep going.
Hugs.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

HAPPY MOVING DAY!!!!!

Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You've shown yourself to be a strong person, Meggem. You can do this! Yes, you'll probably cry today and afterwards. It's normal to mourn what we've lost. But you still have SO much. Thinking of you today.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thinking about you today my friend!!! This is a brand new start!

((hugs))
Old 07-29-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Today might be a hard one, but you are strong and resilient, and capable of enduring anything for the next 12-24 hours.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good luck to you today!!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good luck on moving day!!!! Sending you happy thoughts and prayers for a smooth day!
Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

One day at a time....one hour at a time....one step at a time. You can do this!!!
Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How'd it go?