Morality Question

Old 08-21-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just want to give you a ((((((((((((hug))))))))))))) after that long day. I can just imagine how shocked you were.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

More (((HUGS))). That had to be so emotionally draining. Now you can relax a bit. Is there anything fun you can go do to unwind?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ResignedToWait View Post

Would it be horrid of me to have a bottle of vodka anonymously delivered to her home, strategically timed before the court date so that I can be sure she isn't in a sober phase at that time?
that would be a very cruel thing to do

note
even when she goes to court if she is a week or two sober
the courts don't give that much credit
they have seen it many times before
short term sobriety
usually the courts are looking for a stable track record
say at least 6 to 12 months without a drink
and proven with an AA signed court slip or a letter from a counselor gets most recognition

if she looks good in court you can recommend to the judge
please have her prove being sober for a while with a court slip

M-Bob
Old 08-21-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Stoic

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
More (((HUGS))). That had to be so emotionally draining. Now you can relax a bit. Is there anything fun you can go do to unwind?
Haha, you read my mind!! (I'd planned this already knowing it would be a rough day)
I actually put in for two days of leave, so I have tomorrow off also. I'm going to still drop the kids off at camp like normal, but won't be going into work.

Gonna have brunch at a diner, then hit a matinee and actually watch a grown up movie in the theater, for the first time in over a year! I don't know what I'll watch, I'll just pick something that looks good while I'm there...sign a personal loan to be able to afford a popcorn and soda, and then pick up the kids after the movie's over. Best day ever.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
torquemax777

I absolutely love your fish analogy. And wheew!!! what a relief you must be experiencing now! I applaud you for what you are doing for your children!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you for protecting your kids. <3
Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

That sounds like the perfect alone day. Let us know how it goes!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

LOL, really? OK I don't know you but I cracked up when I read your idea of sending her a bottle of booze because I tend to lean on my twisted sometimes sarcastic humor to get me through times that I am feeling anxious (never truly serious,but it cracks me up to actually think about what I would do if I were just as wicked as some other people can be).
Old 08-22-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ResignedToWait View Post
Gonna have brunch at a diner, then hit a matinee and actually watch a grown up movie in the theater, for the first time in over a year! I don't know what I'll watch, I'll just pick something that looks good while I'm there...sign a personal loan to be able to afford a popcorn and soda, and then pick up the kids after the movie's over. Best day ever.
LOL. I know, right? I've seen every cartoon (loved them, too), but hadn't taken the time or money for anything that DS couldn't also see in ages. FINALLY took a girls night for dinner and grown-up conversation and a non-PG movie last winter. I'd forgotten what a night out like that felt like.

So... glad (? I guess) to hear your AW didn't stop to consider the sheer stupidity of showing up like that at the court hearing.

Best wishes!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Stoic

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
That sounds like the perfect alone day. Let us know how it goes!
It was great! Had a giant omelet and pancakes at Bob Evans...then saw Guardians of the Galaxy. (Was awesome movie!)
The price of popcorn and soda!! It's just ridiculous! It's almost to the point where government oversight should be stepping in, haha. (kidding!)