A long road - Part 1

Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Thanks Fandy!
bbl, on vacation at 4pm!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

I thoroughly agree with Fandy about requiring him to get food stamps and his own free phone.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

chicory.....any vacation plans?.....or, just R&R...?

dandylion
Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Happy Vacation Day Chic! I agree with you, you never ever give up hope.

Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Yes, I suppose that will be next on the list to talk about. I could use the savings on the phone, and help with groceries, even though he lives on coffee and popcorn..lol.

I don't have any plans, except for seeing family, spending time with grandbabies, and maybe dragging out the paints. getting outside in nature would be lovely.

and spending a lot of time here in SR land.

hugs to you all. love the vacation avatars, Dandylion
Old 07-25-2014, 06:12 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

chicory...I thought you might like the hula dancers! I had a girlfriend, once, that took belly dancing lessons...for about 2years! I often thought about doing it myself..but I was just too busy (overextended) at the time.
She also practiced Buddism (she was irish, LOL). She was so much fun...I worked in the same building as her.

I know that there are some beautiful areas of countryside outside of your city. Maybe, you could steal away and spend some hours just communing with nature.
It might sooth your soul. I know it does mine.

Thank heavens, you can let it all hang loose for a while!!!

dandylion
Old 07-25-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

yes, it will be so nice.

son has been really calm last day or so. not sure why, but gonna just rest up for round three, I guess.lol.

an Irish buddist belly dancer.. well she must have had quite a sense of humor, too!

I do have some country that I can visit. I am going to try to do some picture taking, or maybe visit old homestead site. something different.

I bet your friend had a trim waist.

I watched a video on how to do silk wraps on my fingernails. not hard on the nail beds, and more natural looking. my nails are a mess.

I am glad things are calmer now. I was stretched beyond my limit there, for a few days.
I am so thankful for SR. and all of you.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

chicory....yeah, she was beautiful and funny and sweet. She was a nurse..very lovely to everyone. Wouldn't you know, she met this drop-dead good looking guy that turned out to be a first class assh***!. She dropped him, though....
Thing is about belly dancing---it doesn't really reduce the waist or hips. It really builds up the muscles--so there is good muscle tone. One has to reduce fat (over the muscle) by other means. I went to a class with her, once--and there were no skinny minnies there. Turns out, men don't necessarily like women to be model-thin. They tend to like curves and estrogen. The media has it all wrong......

It would be so great if you could take some pictures of your homestead and surrounding areas and post them for us to see!!!!

The silk nail wraps sound like fun. Pretty hands lift the spirit, I think. However--gardening is not exactly hand-friendly. I have never been able to work with gardening gloves!

This is so nice...to be able to do what turns you on...and not be wound like a rubber-band.

I'm glad for you...

dandylion
Old 07-25-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Chicory, I had silk wraps for years. I don't know if the method has changed, but back then, you had to be careful about getting your hands soaked in water. I had acrylics for years too. I quit them after some major pay cuts and I didn't have the time to keep them up.

I got gels for the first time a few months ago. They are great. Look good, last a few weeks and take less time than wraps or acrylics. I believe it's something you can do at home. yu might look into it.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-26-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Dandylion, I watched some bellydancing on youtube, and none of them had tiny waists, at least most did not.

I will try to get some fun pictures. I stink at photography though. hope your day is good. I am not good at relaxing though!

Lenina, I was thinking about how it would be with water on silks. I am in too much water to even try ..lol.. may try the gels though. sounds fun and think they are pretty.

love and hugs,
chic
Old 07-26-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

chicory....we don't care if you are a professional photographer or not. Not everybody can be a La-Te-Da!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever tried meditation? I saw a fascinating documentary where they tried it in a prison in Georgia--not the most relaxed place on earth...LOL! I'll never forget that piece.

However you spend this vacation, chicory----just get some dopamine into the brain area....

dandylion
Old 07-26-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

ok, will do my best.. may have to do some research on how to do that, but it will be a goal for this vacation! and yes, La-Te-Da surely can take some photos!

hugs
Old 07-26-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Happy Vacation!!!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Thanks Live
Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hey Chic, how are things going with your son?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Just checking in Chic;

I'm on vacation too. . . enjoying my 3 ft. pool way too much.

Gonna do some major house purging today though.

I'm curious about son also. . . any updates?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:06 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking folks.. I thought of posting yesterday, but things have been pretty uneventful here. Son had interview with grocery and is waiting to hear. He picked up an app from subway yesterday, in case. He seems to have a calm , pleasant attitude right now. Helping, spent time with sister , generally being helpful. He does have the appt., my therapist confirmed that for me.

I have an appt tomorrow, and his is the 11th of Aug.

I dont discuss any of this with son, as he gets a bit testy about the appt, if I mention it, which I did the other day, asking if that was the soonest he could get in.

so , for now things are calm, and even if it feels strange to me, what can I do, but just let things ride for now, and enjoy the peace. It may be temporary, but taking it a day at a time here.

Its sort of like waiting for the other shoe to fall. We did talk a bit about him getting employment and saving his money, after getting his license. He said that was his plan , first thing , to get his license renewed.

When he gets a job, then it will get interesting again... if he gets one. His work record is so poor, its hard to even make a resume, I am sure.

hugs!
Old 07-30-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Another hitch-in-the-getalong.
son told me therapist office says he must get preapproved by his primary doctor, for his medical card to cover therapy! argh. he called the doctor that he has been assigned to and left a message. Hes a bit pizzed to have to explain to a doctor he has not seen why he must go to a therapist. if this wasn't so frustrating, it would be funny.

#gladtobegoingtotherapythisafternoon
Old 07-30-2014, 10:23 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Chicory---I don't blame your son for being annoyed, at all. For myself, I am constantly gritting my teeth at the endless red tape and hoops that have to be jumped through to get medical care these days.

For someone like me--who can remember the golden age of medicine....it just SUCKS.

dandylion (a ranting medical professional)
Grrrr.....
Old 07-30-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Don't be surprised if he will need to actually SEE the primary doctor before being granted a referral.. everyone is covering their buttisimos these days.