Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 09-25-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I used to be a normie....just want to be one again please?
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to check for their credit and debit cards and shower with door locked and their purse/wallet on the bathroom sink. Normies don't have to worry about a doctor's office calling about money owed to their finance department from doctor shopping. Normies don't have to only have costume jewelry in fear their real jewelry will be pawned. Normies don't have to keep track of all the money to make sure their account isn't drained. Normies don't have to worry about their AH telling them they went to the doctor for the flu when really they went to lie to get pain meds...
Old 09-26-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't know what it is like to tell her H he has to leave the house or get treatment and then an hour get a text saying he wants to make love.

Guess getting kicked out of your house is a turn on.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what it is like to have a completely different memory of reality than their spouse does because their spouse "looses time".
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what its like when they don't pick up their phones and don't answer messages because they're too high to care.

Normies don't have to worry about the dog in the addict's care [I think someone abused my sister's dog when she was high, so even though I had no evidence, I am taking care of him myself now].
Old 09-27-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what its like to be angry with them because something really bad just happened and you need their support, but they're too high to care.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Normies don't know what its like when you have your purse stolen in a foreign country late at night and you have to deal with this and your AH who has passed out unconscious on the hotel bed...
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yeah, Normies don't have to cringe when there AH wants to go to an all inclusive holiday resort.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Blue tomato have to say I really laughed at your last post...basically you say 'leave or get treatment' and he responds with 'I want to make love to you' .....great quack quack
Old 09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

A Normie doesn't have to check themselves to see if they are the one is drinking because their A has a totally different "memory of events" than he/she does.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Johnny152 View Post
Normies don't know what it is like to have a completely different memory of reality than their spouse does because their spouse "looses time".
THIS!!! OMG... AH would do this ALL the time! I'd go for a few minutes to the store and I'd be gone for 4 hours according to him! Good Lord Almighty! Ugh....
Old 09-27-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hisimage48 View Post
A Normie doesn't have to check themselves to see if they are the one is drinking because their A has a totally different "memory of events" than he/she does.
This too! GHESH... It never ends.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Normies don't obsess over a simple thing like "I'll be right back"....we know what that means, don't we?!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

1. Normies don't sneak sips of their partner's water to see if it's all, or partly, vodka.
2. Normies don't keep an updated list of the number of Hydrocodone in their partner's medicine bottle to make sure they're not abusing their 'script.
3. Normies don't cringe every time their partner leaves the room to get something from another part of the house.
4. Normies don't quietly sneak after their partner like a ninja (see no. 3) to see if they're sneaking a drink or to get an idea of where the latest hidden stash is.
5. Normies don't peek through the blinds to watch their partner take the dogs into the back yard, in case there's a stash under the back deck, again.
6. Normies don't hang on every word to see if there's a tell-tale slur.
7. Normies don't go through the trash after someone else volunteers to take it out, to see if there are 'empties' buried in the mix.
8. Normies don't wait for their partner to go to bed to do no. 7 at night with a flashlight at times.
9. Normies don't wait till their partner is asleep to go check under the seats and in the truck of the other's car.
10. Normies don't leave empty, hidden vodka bottles they've found, on the counter to say, "Ah Hah, I KNEW you were drinking!" after they've been made to feel like they're crazy and just imagining things.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

This is all real stuff.

As I read the list I'm like "Yep, did that. No, haven't done that yet. Yep, that one, that one, yep, yep. Oh, hadn't thought of that! Wow, this is all stuff I need to let go of to focus on me!"

Thanks all y'all!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Normies don't worry about what state their partner will be in when they get home

Normies most likely think being an alcoholic isn't an actual disease

Normies prob don't feel like they are to have a complete breakdown anytime soon!

Normies don't have to clean up alcohol vomit, help their comatosed partner to bed and stay up all night watching to see that their partner doesn't choke on their own vomit or have an alcoholic seizure

Normies don't have to make excuses for their partner

Normies are never embarrassed by their partner the way 'we' are

I could go on and on and on......................
Old 09-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Starlight23 View Post
Normies most likely think being an alcoholic isn't an actual disease.
I had to laugh when I read this - I know what you mean - alcoholism is a disease, but look how you wrote it! Thanks for the chuckles!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeatleChick View Post
Normies don't know what it's like to feel BAD for their SPOUSE'S eff-ups!

"I only had ONE, it's not like I pounded 10 beers..." He says.

Normies don't get that frustration. It's like dealing with a mentally challenged child. (No offense to mentally challenged children.)
This made me chuckle because I have a mentally challenged cousin who gets up, rides his bike to work and never misses a day....now he has got it together better then my A....lol!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newme2013 View Post
A normie wouldn't understand that working as a social worker with people with severe mental illness was actually a nice break from being at home with my crazy A husband. The things he would say were crazier than any of the schizophrenics I worked with. And he was far more paranoid than they were.
I am a nursing student studying psych this semester and today was my first clinical in the psych ward. As I was going through the charts and finally meeting the patients, I felt an eerie connection....kinda made me sad.

A normie wouldn't feel like her A fits the criteria to be one of these patients in a mental institution!!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

A normie doesn't know multiple definitions of co-dependancy and have them at her finger tips to quote to her A when he tries to convince her she is one when he panics that he might have to stop drinking in order to continue a relationship.

A normie doesn't spend hours wondering if she is insane for not seeing the warning signs before she fell in love and he told her he was an A.

A normie doesn't spend hours wondering if she is insane for falling in love with an A.

A normie doesn't spend hours wondering if she is insane for being unable to stop loving an A even when he dumps her for fear of hurting her and cuts off all contact with her.

A normie doesn't spend every day feeling like there is a rock in her gut.

A normie doesn't know what it's like to feel proud of herself for just getting up in the morning and getting through each day, just for today.

A normie doesn't know what comfort can be found reading this forum on the journey to and from work and doesn't have a hot link to it on the main menu of her phone.

A normie doesn't spend her birthday alone.

A normie cannot smell vodka on a person sitting on the same carriage of the train as her.