Things a "normie" wouldn't know.... Part 3

Old 09-11-2013, 10:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OK, last one I think

Normies, don't feel like they need to be strong enough (stupid enough) to stand in the middle of a room knowing they will be physically pushed down, and when they are pushed down, to get up about 30 times, singing, I get knocked down, but I get up again, never gonna keep me down.

Normies actually care about their lifes. I didn't.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Since I am vomiting it all out tonight------------------

I went thru cervical cancer stage 3 b, breast cancer, stage 1, DVT (deep vein thrombosis), all at the same time. Went through chemo, radiation, internal radiation, hospitalized for the DVT, they couldn't do anything, took a vein from one leg to try to drain the fluid in the other leg.

Ok it was EXAH birthday. I just recently lost about 25 lbs of water in my leg. I was doing pretty good, still had to go for the chemo and radiation for the breast cancer, but it was his birthday. Sent the kids to friends houses, cooked dinner, put sexy lingerie on.

He didn't come home till 11:00pm.

Normies wouldn't know that this was his day, and that was OK, and it was all my fault because I should have just ***** him.

Normies might have actually thought that their H might have come home on time that night.

Last edited by DesertEyes; 09-12-2013 at 08:04 AM. Reason: foul language
Old 09-12-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Loving a more peaceful life

Normies wouldn't know that it is ok for your alcoholic spouse to use the fact that you work in the Personality Disorder field against you.

Its all right for them, because you're showing distress at yet more abusive behaviour, to tell you that you have a personality disorder and need to get professional help.

When you bring up this comment after a couple of weeks because you're still feeling troubled by it, its ok for them to refuse to either take it back or explain why they think you have personality issues. The reply "it doesn't matter, I love you anyway" is a perfectly acceptable response.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by amy55 View Post

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone,
I f-ing L O V E the quacking duck ringtone!

Whenever I hear it I think WTF is that? Then I realize and laugh.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Ok, don't start------ you'll get me going

Normies don't know that you can put quacking ducks on your phone as a ringtone so that you don't answer the phone, actually I didn't know how to do that, so I put on "unwell" by Rob Thomas
OMG -- my ringtone for my AH has been quacking ducks for 3 years and I never got the connection, "thanks Mr. Obvious"!!! ROTFLMAO
Old 09-12-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Normies don't have to reassure their children at least once a week that it's okay, if Daddy loses his job, we won't have to live in a box like he keeps telling you, and it won't be your fault for not getting out of bed and getting yourself dressed so he can sleep in until the last second, in order to go to daycare. Mommy will always take care of you.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Normies dont have every jail and emergency room on speed dial and start calling them when AH doesnt come home for 2 days.
Normies dont pray they find their AH at the hospital or in jail because otherwise they know he is in bed with some new fling of the week.
Normies dont have pictures hanging in odd places all over their home to cover the holes AH punched in the walls during rages.
Normiez dont know the difference betwwen a parole officer and a probation officer and how to keep each from violating AH after a binder.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryingtoletgo3 View Post
Normies dont have pictures hanging in odd places all over their home to cover the holes AH punched in the walls during rages.
. . . or clocks!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

.......or calendars, or interesting wall hangings!!

dandylion
Old 09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I'm just that girl

Normies don't know what it's like to feel BAD for their SPOUSE'S eff-ups!

"I only had ONE, it's not like I pounded 10 beers..." He says.

Normies don't get that frustration. It's like dealing with a mentally challenged child. (No offense to mentally challenged children.)
Old 09-12-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

~ Normies wouldn't know about losing all your friends bc you avoid social situations bc your AH will embarrass you.
~Normies don't walk around the house & find constant reminders of the "really" bad nights. Loose towel holders, dents in the sheetrock, replaced doors, etc...
~ Normies don't know what it's like to pretend your asleep just so you don't have to deal with the ********.
~ Normies don't know what it's like to have a drunken person clean your house while your sleeping. This sounds great except they use drunken reasoning as to where to put everything. My child's baby book was lost for a whole year & I still haven't found countless other things.
~ Normies don't know what it's like to be woken up every hour throughout the night bc your AH wants some "attention" & he isn't getting it while you sleep.
~ Normies don't know what it's like to love & hate someone so much at the same time.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Normies don't call the cops to give their H's license plate number and tell them the most likely route they took, so that they can get him off the road.
I did this several times when my husband left the house so drunk he practically had to crawl to the car. He is on DUI number 5 now. He continues to drive drunk and with a suspended license nearly everyday. I really don't understand how they keep letting him out of jail.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

A normie wouldn't understand that working as a social worker with people with severe mental illness was actually a nice break from being at home with my crazy A husband. The things he would say were crazier than any of the schizophrenics I worked with. And he was far more paranoid than they were.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Normies don't hide from their husbands.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newme2013 View Post
A normie wouldn't understand that working as a social worker with people with severe mental illness was actually a nice break from being at home with my crazy A husband. The things he would say were crazier than any of the schizophrenics I worked with. And he was far more paranoid than they were.

I can really resonate with this. I worked in a field where I had daily contact with people with mental illnesses. I handled them just fine. They always sent the most irrational to talk to me, because I knew how to treat them, and they always came back freshly bathe, all dressed up, and insisted on only speaking to me, But, ------------- I was afraid to go home to the person that loved me.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunshine888 View Post
Normies don't hide from their husbands.

And here I thought I was the only one !!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Normies don't go into the garage and sleep in their car

Normies don't start smoking again for a reason to go into the garage to get away from their H
Ha Ha! That is what I did too, not proud of the smoking, but it gets me away from the AH.
Definitely a normie wouldn't do that!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

And here I thought I was the only one !!!!!!!
No you are not. Been there too

Normies don't have the jail inmate look up page bookmarked on their computers.

Normies don't have a maniac smash their beloved porcelain dolls collection against the walls at 3 am (when they have to get up at 6 am for work!) by a maniac screaming: "YOU NEED TO F...ING GROW UP!!!!"

Normies don't have a maniac hack their furniture with a machete while they are at work because said maniac was pissed off they went to work instead of staying home and babying them through a cold!

Normies don't have the local cops ask you when you are crossing the streets and minding your own business if you got rid of that guy yet with a look of concern on their face.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

As I am reading, I am hurting for all of you and for who I was and where I was at.
From what I understand you are not with that man anymore Amy: We've come a long way babe!!
And to whomever is reading and too shy to post and still going through this madness, you don't have to live like that! You deserve better. Leave or kick the bum out before it is too late. It is human nature to have hope that things will improve despite all the broken promises. The only way it will get better is if you take care of you and remove yourself from the nightmare.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Normies don't find verbal abuse forums

Normies don't go on retreats with people from verbal abuse forums

Normies don't become embarrassed about writing things that happened to them on verbal abuse forums

Normies don't get phone calls from people on that forum that they just so happen to be riding past your area with a U-Haul truck, and was wondering if they should get a bigger one with a car hook up and stop at your place.

Normies don't know all the love that you can get from an internet forum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!