Movie Flight

Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Movie Flight

I went to see the movie flight with Denzel, it is about an alcoholic pilot, it sure brought a lot of memories of my X, there was a phrase that stuck in my mind, he said at a meeting that he was finally free!, Are alcoholics really free of this ugly disease? are we really free of its tentacles? It also made me think of step nine, I have moved on since my divorce two years ago and NC with the alcoholic but I keep thinking I need to do a step nine with him, I am not sure if it is appropiate, he has gone nc since our last encounter and not sure how to approach him or should I just let go!!

Maybe is the fact that after one year of NC with my boys, he is going to meet with my oldest one this coming Sunday, I guess my d in l, saw my son crying missing his dad (stepdad) and she contacted my x and he agreed to see him and actualy she said he was very happy to heard from them??
It got my head spinning a little, I hope it goes well for my son.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Too bad it didn't come from him, instead of being contacted by somebody else. Doesn't sound like your x is ready for his own step 9...so not sure you doing one with him help in anyway...if you do it, do it with no expectations from him, do it only for yourself.

I do think some recover as good or better than average people walking the planet...but I wouldn't transfer your hope from this movie to your x...he is who he is...let hiim show it.
I look forward to seeing this movie too. Maybe a great way to reinforce that I am not crazy.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

I too have been dealing with this issue of keeping my side of the street clean ~

So in doing a searching & fearless inventory of my motives ~ I found that I ask my HP if there was anything that needed to be cleared, spoken or mended that HE provide the opportunity, ~ I was ready, honest, open and willing if I needed to be ~

For what I have learned in my recovery journey of 9 yrs ~ I just need to "suit up & show up" and my HP provides everything else ~

Just my e, s, & h ~ prayers & good thoughts of healing for all ~

pink hugs!