Holiday Weekend

Old 08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Holiday Weekend

I'm kinda sad that this weekend is by rights the end of summer...Illinois had had some wonderful weather to brag about! Loooking forward to Fall, but wanted to say ...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend to everyone here on SR...I will keep you all in thoughts and prayers!

Enjoy!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have a wonderful day, T.O.O. Hopefully you get to spend some time with family and friends who love you and make you laugh and cook great food for you!

Cats
Old 08-30-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm having a great one so far! Normally I would sit around and wait for the fight that inevitably occurs.....this time I'm taking care of ME! Me and the kids are going to a local fair, spent the morning at a fun run, and plan on pigging out on kettle corn and renting movies tonight.

Hope you all are enjoying yours, too......I'll have an extra handful of kettle corn for each of you!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This isn't a holiday weekend for us Brits, but I hope you guys have a good one.

(Mine almost has a holiday feel because the kids go back to school after the summer break on Tuesday, yay can't wait )
Old 08-30-2008, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear you had good weather this summer, other .... I live in one of the hottest places in the U.S., but this summer wasn't all that "hot." Please keep in mind that "hot" is a relative term ....

We had some days when it hit 114, but not as many as the summer of '06, when we had two straight weeks of almost 120 degrees every day. YIKES!

Anyway, I worked today, went to Saturday night church services after work, then it's back to work tomorrow after Sunday morning services. Yeah, lots of church for me. I'd rather be thanking my H.P. for granting me the serenity than looking at AH staggering around with the ever-present glass in his hand.

Anyway, I don't mind working weekends 'cause AH works weekdays. However, I do have off on Labor Day. I'm b-b-quing a turkey - no burgers and dogs for this codie!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My AH is gone and the kids and I will be busy all day volunteering and having a blast.

My AH rarely drinks during the day on weekends. In the past, he has just got busy doing dishes, laundry, etc. so he can get drunk that night because he has "to work AND take care of the house". Used to bother me and I'd jump out of bed at 6:00a to get busy cleaning. Then I discovered this business of quacking and took advantage of his eagerness to clean.