Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Fitness, Health, and Nutrition
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Can HGH Reverse Brain Damage in Drug Addicts?

I've been an addict (opiates) for about 15yrs....Within the last couple of yrs, I've been able to stop everything...(Yeah me!!) lol So, like alot of people I start focusing on my health. After HOURS of research I decide to try HGH. I'm on my 2nd month and it is INCREDIBLE!! NOT for everyone, (daily injs) but I know I wish someone would have told me about this stuff a LONG time ago.(So ya all don't yell at me, lol, I know I'm new, I am NOT trying to sell anything or even promote anything.) So while looking at all the HGH info I can, (I'm really OCD!! lol) I find this article. (Just realized I can't post links yet, just google HGH and ADDICTION and you'll find it, it's from Scientific Mind Mag.) I just thought that the article was very interesting and no one can have too much info right?? I've been a nurse for yrs and have ALWAYS worried about the brain damage that occurs with opiate addiction.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dolce73 For This Useful Post:
GabC (12-04-2010)
Old 11-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Groovy Dancer

Congrats with quitting all the other stuff Dolce. I won't tell you what to do, and I guess you've researched this. A quick check I did does not show many reasons, if any, to even consider HGH. HGH has a lot of negative short term and long term potential side affects. I don't think it's a good idea to try to repair years of damage from drug use with more questionable drug use.

For repair try protein, fruits, veggies and sleep. That's what we were meant to live on!

This was imho though...good luck to ya!
My body's aching and my time is at hand,
I won't make it any other way.

- James Taylor
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!