Will you accept the charge....

Old 06-07-2017, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey SR Family,
I so appreciate the support, love and hope that I feel coming thru this and all the threads/posts.
I'm walking a tight rope today and tonight, I know what you all are thinking...TF is projecting and what "iffing" about things that may not happen.
Don't judge me, yet.
My son graduates from high school tonight. My beloved boy is now a man, he's beautiful and has been my rock as a single parent. He doesn't enable his sisters and I'm so proud of him!
Anyway, the latest "crisis/drama" as of this second is that I feel afraid that my oldest daughter will show up high/intoxicated at the ceremony. I'll be surrounded by my RAD, my ex husband and a close friend. This is a huge graduating class, 400 plus. She won't find me but could cause devastating emotional damage to my son. My community is just not educated enough on this disease of addiction.
The ceremony requires a ticket to enter so that may be enough to stop her. She may be so lost in her addiction that attending it is a low priority, or may not remember it's today?
This is my sons big day, an accomplishment he achieved while his sisters were/are in active addiction. Such a family disease. Such damage and pain, the potential for harm is a very real possibility. We have someone watching the house, in case she shows up.
It is what it is, it hasn't happened yet and may not even happen.
Please SR, think and pray for my son on his big day. Maybe our HP is listening and planning on giving Twofish and her family a day off of this fear...mental illness, addiction and hopelessness...leave us alone, if just for today. Give us all a healthy dose of HOPE Keep sending those hugs
TF
Old 06-07-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Enjoy your sons big day, congrats on your son's graduation! He deserves this day as do you, free from the drama of addiction.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Twofish,

I hope your son's graduation night went well without any drama from your daughter. Congratulations to your son!!
Old 06-09-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Crossing fingers that all went well at your son's graduation ceremony.

Adding my congratulations to your son on his graduation and am wishing him the best on his new journey.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear SR!
Yes my fingers, toes and eyes were crossed as we entered the gymnasium for the 2017 graduation class. My ex was by my side and as proud as a peacock as we found a place to sit on the bleachers. We got good seats, so good my AD couldn't miss seeing us if she showed up. She never showed...
Anyway, my little boy, who now is a man, walk across that stage, in front of the other 375 graduates with the most beautiful smile on his face !!
No unnecessary drama, pain or sickness, but what did emerge was a young man, full of hope and confidence. So far no signs of the unwelcomed addictive genes
in him. This is what "normal" must feel like!
This momma is very proud of her son and so very grateful that addiction hasn't found him. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I know a lot of you parents know what I'm talking about. I'm just so happy Hey, and these are HAPPY TEARS rolling down my face
Love is so kind, hope is alive and support is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
Thank you SR family, you're the best!
TF
Old 06-10-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Wonderful news, Twofish!! I am so happy you were able to enjoy the day

Happy congratulations to your son!