Fear

Old 02-27-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I see now people start new topics and post it. Saw the parents section noted here and became emotional reading and seeing how many families are split apart. We haven't faced this yet and it puts new fear in me. I have no idea how my son will react when he is woken up, no real idea of the depth of his drug use or if his marriage will survive. His wife is right by his side and calmer than we are even though she is apart from their brand new baby . we are all exhausted and I don't even know what I expect to even benefit by posting except to vent and not feel alone.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brownstone View Post
I see now people start new topics and post it. Saw the parents section noted here and became emotional reading and seeing how many families are split apart. We haven't faced this yet and it puts new fear in me. I have no idea how my son will react when he is woken up, no real idea of the depth of his drug use or if his marriage will survive. His wife is right by his side and calmer than we are even though she is apart from their brand new baby . we are all exhausted and I don't even know what I expect to even benefit by posting except to vent and not feel alone.
Brownstone,

That must be terrifying. Please keep posting and reading. It was/is a great comfort to me that I am not alone. Just to know that others have gone through what I am, makes me feel better.

You said that you have no real idea the depth of his drug use. This must have been a huge shock to you.

Jaeger
Old 02-27-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It was a complete shock to me, and my daughter in law. But my husband knew for 2 days prior to the OD about the drugs and he didn't tell either of us. He says our son came to him and admitted the problem and was taking time off work to straighten himself out and get counseling. My husband asked if his wife knew and advised him to tell her. He was afraid but said he would. He overdosed before he talks to her. If she hadn't been home and heard him fall, saw him seizing and choking, he would have died, she cleared his airway before EMS arrived. I have a lot of mixed feelings about my husband's decision, but he has beat himself up enough. We have to let that go,he did what he took thought was best and said our son seemed stable and very clear minded. But we all know the next time someone gets high, it could be the very last time,
Old 02-27-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brownstone View Post
We have to let that go,he did what he took thought was best and said our son seemed stable and very clear minded. But we all know the next time someone gets high, it could be the very last time,
I can imagine your husband had beat himself up but he really does not need to. He had no way of knowing. It is very possible your son did plan on telling his wife. Often times you hear of people having a last "hoorah" before entering detox or rehab, this may have been your son's. It is also possible that even if he had told you or your daughter-in-law, it could have still happened.

When things settle down you may want to look into Al-Anon meetings. They are a lifesaver to me! One of the first things you will hear concerning addiction are the 3 C's - You didn't Cause it. You can't Control it. You can't Cure it.

I will keep your son and your family in my prayers. Also that your son seeks recovery.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

The fact that your son said he wanted to get his life together and get counseling is a really good sign.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you, I think it must be a positive sign also. Its been a comfort knowing a tiny bit of where his thoughts were before the overdose.

I will try to make my own thread topic tomorrow and start a new post as was recommended, still not sure how to talk about what's happened or my feelings.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

T always thinking about you and JJ.................I agree doing nothing is a something and a hard something for sure............(((hugs))) hang in, keep the faith
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Dear Theresa,
Thinking of you today, what you have gone thru...and I pray for JJ too.
Here's a big hug for you! love2. Us momma need love too!
TF
Old 03-07-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I love my sons.

My sincerest PRAYERS
Old 03-23-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just read this. Lifting you in prayers.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Dear Theresa,
Always thinking and caring about you and JJ. Never give up HOPE!!!
Strong, tight hugs to you, my friend
TF
Old 04-01-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hey T
I don't check in very often anymore. But I saw your post and it touched my heart.

I remember my son telling me many years ago that everything in life is a degree of "want". If one person wants something more than the other person, the degree of "want" is out of balance. And it doesn't work. When one persons degree of "want" is so much greater.....the other person doesn't need to "want" at all. The first person wants it enough for both of them.

I truly believe that when we let go with love, it gives them the opportunity to "want" it enough for themselves.

Sending love and gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-03-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you KE! JJ is in recovery for now. He really knows that its entirely up to him. Thanks for checking in, I am so happy to hear that your dear son is doing well and you of course