Confession of a Love Addict

Old 07-30-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confession of a Love Addict

I am addicted to a man who is addicted to heroine. This love triangle has caused me so much pain. I used to think heroine was the other woman, who intruded in my house behind my back. I thought maybe one day, she would leave us alone and my lover and I would fall into eternal bliss. I realize now, that I was the other woman. I was loved of course, but I had to choose to accept that he would be with her more than he would with me. I had to accept that he wasn't fully mine.
And while I nursed the wounds she inflicted on him, I only looked for confirmation that one day this hell would end. I never did get any. This love triangle has cost me my reputation, and if I do not leave soon, it could cost me sanity. Im going to break away cold turkey, because thats the only way I know how to do it. After all, how could I miss a man who was not fully present for me? Only longing to return to her?
I know, he knows, how much of a savage she is. But he cant stop himself anymore, and he intentionally inflicts harm on himself. One day he'll learn to love himself without her. One day he'll learn what he was running from when he ran into her. But for now, Im going to learn about myself and give myself the full attention I deserve. I will shine brand new and I hope and pray not to see her ugly face again.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

GG- welcome. A very aware and proactive choice to make. Only the victim of addiction can change themselves- anyone else is destruction in it's wake.
Support to you, PJ.