Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Eating Disorders
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [10]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Brava Nina!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #22 (permalink)

Normally when I start to think like that, then it is too late Nina, so congratulations.
Been good and busy and off to bed soon, best wishes all.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Way to go with the birthday party Nina, now that's some strength and determination, good on you for standing your ground!

I'm doing well, and the best part is that I'm only 1 1/2 lbs. away from my target weight. We'll see how I do over the weekend.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What a ride*!"
Old 05-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Resident

Congrats on almost reaching your weight goal Astro. I still got about 5 pounds of belly fat to get rid of. That is one accurate scale that you have if it is accurate to the half pound.

Only positivity No negativity.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #25 (permalink)
Forum Leader

Digital scale. Maybe it's innacurate and I'm too gullible to know it?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What a ride*!"
Old 05-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
came-came to-came to believe

I have to go brush my teeth, and get out of the kitchen or there is going to be a problem. I am over tired, and genuinely hungry becasue I waited too long to eat. I came home and chowed..nothing at all "bad", and certainly no sugar, however not the pattern I want to be in by any means. I will plan better tomorrow!!
Good night!

Old 05-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Ugh you guys! I'm still OS-free but not exercising and ate crap today i.e. burgers and fries. It's very hard to look at this part of myself, but, like Jack, I share the character defects of defiance and being undisciplined. I will strive to work harder in this area, and to not be so hard on myself for not being 'perfect' - thanks for all who continue to share their progress and inspiration.

Nina - well done on resisting the birthday cake! Cake is my very favourite! I am really really craving sugar right now.

And Astro - awesome job on nearly reaching your target weight! What a milestone! Have a great night, all.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Forum Leader

All the wonderful sharing that goes on around here brought our post count up again..... so it was time to start another new thread.

Keep it up

The sun always rises, and a new day begins.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rockin 'n' rollin' everyday

Thanks, Pony, for restarting the thread. For those that may not know...when a thread gets ~500 entries, a new thread needs to be started and the previous thread gets sticky pasted in the top part of the ED forums. So there are over 4000 posts that have been listed in this thread. I never would have believed that would be possible!

Another sober day...for that I am very, very grateful.

Nina - 3/8/2009 - 55 Days
Cali - 4/1/2009 - 31 Days
Astro - 4/10/2009 - 22 Days
Fubarcdn - 4/13/2009 - 19 Days
Poppy - 4/13/2009 - 19 Days
Rowan - 4/15/2009 - 18 Days
Jack- 4/16/2009 - 16 Days
Pony - 4/17/2009 - 15 Days
Dave - 4/19/2009 - 13 Days
Bamboozle - 4/19/2009 - 13 Days
Cathy - 4/24/2009 - 8 Days
Roxie- 4/25/09 - 7 Days
Neagrm -4/30/2009 - 2 Days
Old 05-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #30 (permalink)
Resident

Good morning OS'ers.

Well I made it another day OS free but I had a close call at dinner last night. We went out for steak in the restaurant (the Keg) in our basement and I easily passed on desert as did everyone else but when the bill came with the candies I put one in my mouth and my wife said isn't that an OS so I immediately spit it out without swallowing any of it,
We had been talking about you guys at dinner so indirectly you saved me. Thanks.
So, because of that I am still OS free.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:13 AM   #31 (permalink)

Boy did I want ice cream yesterday ! Seems like it's been ages since I really craved anything sweet, but since I see my day count it can't be that long. We went to a Country Rock Festival it's an all day outdoors event, with barrel racing and line dancing and concerts. We did a lot of dancing all day, and I got tired and a little nauseous, just off track I guess, so we left and on the way home I kept thinking how good a big bowl of cold ice cream would be, it's a really good thing that there are no Dairy Queen's or Baskin Robbin's in France, at least not in my parts, because for sure I'd have stopped. Fortunately also that I do not have kids around and that it's not summer yet, there are no sweets or ice cream at home, so I munched on raisin bread when I got home, ate too much at dinner, but didn't get any sweets, except those raisins...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #32 (permalink)

Many thanks to you Jack, for starting a thread which has run for so long and been so helpful to me. I don't think my eating will ever be what I would consider normal, but through you and others here I can keep a control of it most of the time.
Congrats Astro on touching your target weight. It has got me thinking that even though people say my weight looks fine, I reckon I could shift a good 10 to 15 pounds to be at my target weight. I don't think I have been there since around the time I got married( 16 years ago).
Well done Fub, a few times I have lost days by doing exactly the same thing, only difference I don't realise until afterwards D'oh!
Glad you didn't slip up Cali, and that you are aware of what the problem was. You have told me in past to be very careful of being tired, and definitely our resolve is weaker then, so good for you. I have tried brushing my teeth as well, when I think of it and it does work.
Well we have loads of OS in the house, unfortunately I can't help what others want to eat. I survived yesterday and back from my Sunday morning run now, so I am sure I will survive today as well.
Thanks to everyone, hope the day goes well.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 AM   #33 (permalink)
came-came to-came to believe

Quote:
Well we have loads of OS in the house, unfortunately I can't help what others want to eat.
Dave-that's it in a nutshell-thanks for that! I really have come to the same conclusion! Although I do the grocery shopping, and I have made HUGE changes on what I bring into the house, I still do buy certain foods for others. I remind myself of those *key words **for others**. So far, I have kept it at that, and have not eaten anything unacceptable or strayed from my path.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt what works and what doesn't. I don't have to continue being a "chronic relapser" with drink OR food. I really am starting to understand acceptance as I apply it on a daily basis.
Have a good day all!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
Resident

I am becoming a label reader. You know the type. I only look for sugar content and protein content as I am trying to convert my belly fat to muscle and need the protein to aid in that while keeping a low sugar count.
I was surprised to find that honey nut Cheerios have not much more sugar in a bowl than Fiber 1 cereal, (10g vs 6g).
Orange juice is the thing that surprised me most. 25 grams of sugar (6tsps. ) in a glass. I think I will be replacing my morning OJ with another fruit with less sugar content when my supply runs out.
I don't count it as an OS though since it isn't processed sugar but it is something I want to cut out so I can lose that last inch or so of belly fat.
Still OS free and off to study sugar content of other fruits.

Old 05-03-2009, 03:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rockin 'n' rollin' everyday

I read the sugar on labels, but I never read protein. Thanks for bringing that up Fub. I start reading for protein.

Dave, Cali and everyone, I have learned a lot from you all, and continue to be grateful for your being here for me.

Living sober is helping me become the person I always wanted to be...a good, honest, fair human being...instead of the degenerate my addictions can make me. Take care all.

Nina - 3/8/2009 - 56 Days
Cali - 4/1/2009 - 32 Days
Astro - 4/10/2009 - 23 Days
Fubarcdn - 4/13/2009 - 20 Days
Poppy - 4/13/2009 - 20 Days
Rowan - 4/15/2009 - 19 Days
Jack- 4/16/2009 - 17 Days
Pony - 4/17/2009 - 16 Days
Dave - 4/19/2009 - 14 Days
Bamboozle - 4/19/2009 - 14 Days
Cathy - 4/24/2009 - 9 Days
Roxie- 4/25/09 - 8 Days
Neagrm -4/30/2009 - 3 Days
Old 05-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Forum Leader

I try to avoid juices since 1/2 cup costs me a point on my WW diet, it's almost not worth it, much more filling and healthy to eat an apple or orange, which is also 1 point.

Still OS free, and I took all the cookies in the house to my AA meeting tonigfht. The kids will never miss them!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #37 (permalink)

Checking in and going strong.
Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #38 (permalink)

Good morning everybody. Starting my day off with yogurt and tea - only because there is no food in the house LOL.

Still OS-free and the flu bug is well behind me. I'll begin exercising again, moderately, this week, and will make conscious, healthy food choices.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:54 AM   #39 (permalink)
1 bite&all resistance crumbles

Oh no! That's how I feel...I got 4 days, then a 'small' slip, then another 4 days and a 'small' slip (is this sounding like alcoholism or WHAT!!!) then yesterday OMG! I went beserk! baclava (basically oil and pastry and sugar), some chocolate, some ice cream I just could not stop! What do you know!!!! Had I kidded myself I could eat sweet things responsibly, I think so!

What were the results ? Could not show up for my meeting (AA) last night- too tired from sugar crash. Could hardly get out of bed this morning.

And yet, there is a small part of me saying SURELY I can beat this thing!?!?

So! I am back to square one. Day 1. I have the tools and like someeone mentioned I am just a typical addict, undisciplined, don't liek to take directions, etc

Tomorrow I am going into hospital to get 4 impacted wisdom teeth out. I am hoping this will give me the kick start i need - everyone is saying stock up on ICE CREAM but I DO know I won't do that! :/

Cathy - day 1 - 4th May

cathy31
x

Life is Beautiful!
Fake it til you make it...
Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 AM   #40 (permalink)
Resident

That is too bad Cathy.
I feel sad for you on one hand yet insanely jealous on the other. I am sure everyone can relate to this to a certain degree.
My son was happy to see me OS free yesterday as we only have desert on Sunday and he got to eat my portion. He is 6 foot and only 160 pounds so it won't hurt him. He can eat anything he wants and not have to worry about it. Those were the days.

Closed Thread