Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Special-Interest Groups > Bikers in Recovery
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read Chat Room [2]

Welcome to the Sober Recovery Community

Already registered? Login above ---^
OR
To take advantage of all Posting, Chatting, Gaming, and all the features available at SoberRecovery, join the over 100,000 current members, and become a member of our supportive community today! Ads will no longer appear on the forums, once you register.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

"Half measures availed us nothing."

This is something I put together and sent out in email a couple of years ago, share this with me.......toad

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
ISAIAH 43:18,19 NIV

“God will make a way when there doesn’t seem to be a way.” These are the words of a contemporary Christian song, and my how true they ring. The prophet Isaiah told the people of Israel that after their exile to Babylon God was going to do a “new thing.” God still works the same way today, after any setback that we may experience, God can clear away the wreckage of the past and set our feet on a new path. Make a way where there doesn’t seem to be any way. I can relate to this in my own life. After living in a self-imposed prison of alcoholism and addictions my bleak existence seemed as if the only way I was going to get out was by way of jails, institutions, or death. A new way opened up to me in the desert that had become my life, but I could not get on the path till I took that first step in a different direction. I had tried to change my life many times for many years before this, and I see now that that my problem was that as I took the step in the new direction I always kept one foot firmly planted in my old life. I have learned to take the first step toward God’s “new thing” in my life, then to release my foot hold on my past, and step out in faith with the other foot and plant it firmly ahead of me. This is what we call walking. Before I was just standing with feet planted in two worlds. Today, I am refreshed by the streams that have sprung up in what used to be the wasteland of my life. I don’t want to go back to the desert, I will continue one day at a time to walk in this new thing that God is doing in my life. God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……............toad

“Half measures availed us nothing. We stood at the turning point. We asked His protection and care with complete abandon.”
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS page 59
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

How many still plan on attending the gathering??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Don't get undies in a bunch

Five are listed. Waiting on one that said yes and one that is going to get tied up and taken even if he doesn't want to go *LOL*
A few others are still thinking on it.

Recovery Related Acronym

B. E. S. T. = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?
Old 06-08-2007, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Casual Hero and Raconteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
God is doing for me what I could not do for myself……............
..................and God does a pretty good job, eh?

I'm planning (and hoping) to show up Labor Day. If so, I'll be the one with a kidnap victim tied up in the back of the truck! :andy:

Rigid rat shovel (AKA "The Bitch")
Ratted-out Evo FLT (AKA "The Bagger")

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, and I'm trying to get there as fast as I can!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:53 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep...God does a pretty good job taking care of all of us!

I plan on being at the campout on Labor Day weekend and look forward to seeing everyone, especially the kidnapped victim tied to Bill's truck!!!!!!!!!!!

Kym P.
Keeping it Simple

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoveringnky View Post
I ... look forward to seeing everyone, especially the kidnapped victim tied to Bill's truck!!!!!!!!!!!
No, no... I said "in the truck"; not "to the truck."

Remember the dog in National Lampoon's Family Vacation? That would be a bad thing! :andy:

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom, and I'm trying to get there as fast as I can!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

*Smiles*
Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hammer View Post
*Smiles*
If you need help in tying somebody up I have experience, and have taken hostages in the past. I could swing by Omaha and even help load up the cargo.

We AA's often in the past did not have real relationships, but took hostages. Can anyone else relate to this?

You're going Hammer...........I speak this, believe this, and we will receive this.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hammer View Post
*Smiles*
Uh-oh! He's on to us!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Don't get undies in a bunch

He can run but he can't hide *LOL*

Recovery Related Acronym

B. E. S. T. = Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?