Authenticity VI

Old 07-13-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning y'all!

Have a safe trip Robby and Melissa! Glad to hear you've scheduled in some fun as well!

On games our dad's taught us....Poker. My dad taught me how to play poker with the big boys.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
EndGame

Wow. Chapter VI. And, like the Super Bowl, it has Roman numerals. This thread should last as long as the Super Bowl, and Robby and Melissa should be here to enjoy it all.

Reminds me of when I was an actor, when I was very young. I played the James Caan role, George Schneider, in Neil Simon's Chapter Two. It was so Off-Broadway that I was concerned that I'd need a pass-port to get to the theater. (I wrote 'pass-port' because the censor wouldn't allow the usual spelling of the word. Go figure.) Most of the roles I got had remarkable parallels to my own life, either things to come or things that had already happened.

I have to say, Robby, that there's something of a bizarre element for me in your going to visit Melissa's new home. Like a dream sequence or a flashback/flashforward in a movie. Then again, this whole thread has shaken me for some time. I know this is not about me, but I do believe that it's become about you, Melissa, me and everyone else here who contributes, who have been touched by you, and who are thus changed by the experience.

The sharing here remains exquisite and, as I've commented in private, it sometimes takes its toll. Though it's often disturbing in ways that "make sense" to me, it can still be disconcerting, a compilation of existential moments with no satisfying resolution. I can only imagine what this is like for you and Melissa.

When we're open to it, we find love in the strangest places.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi again. Talked with the student -- I'm confident we'll work things out towards her PhD degree.

As for my current emotional challenges... well, what did we discuss, Robby..? The ability to manipulate awareness? Well, yeah. I'm taking off tomorrow to bury my father, and it'll also involve some
practical challenges for me regarding property. But my NYC team is set, and we are due to submit a grant renewal in August, so no real way for me to take a break right now. I planned go on a 2-week vacation at the end of August, still hold it, but loads of ***** to deal with before.

And you know what? I am happy to deal with all these challenges, it's the kind of life I knew and now embrace again in recovery.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Safe travels, Robby and Melissa.

Love to you and all.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really nice msg Endgame

Popping in to say goodnight Robby & Melissa
Old 07-13-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Oh hello Robbie & Melissa, et. al.
Just wanting you to know, that I keeping to shadows lately, cuz is very internal time for Cow. Is work being done. Cow under construction. But I checking in on all you all often. And my thoughts is with you. And I know you would wish for me to be doing what best for me at this time.

Moo Mwah, Cow
Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes cow

D
Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's okay. We'll take you in the shadows rather than not at all. Knowing you are out there working on yourself is good for me.
Puffy
Old 07-13-2015, 11:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm here, reading along, but haven't got much emotional energy left right now to contribute anything sensible.

Love to you all. I hope you all have a wonderful day ❤️
Old 07-14-2015, 02:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Hi all.
The Roman numerals make me thing of a toga party and double secret probation.
Have a good road trip Rob and Melissa. I would like to share a poem about modern day modes of transportation:

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

I like smoke and lightning
Heavy metal thunder
Racin' with the wind
And the feelin' that I'm under
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space

Like a true nature's child
We were born, born to be wild
We can climb so high
I never wanna die

Born to be wild
Born to be wild

Have a good one all.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Do your best

Not sure if your in Boston yet have a good day Robby & Melissa
Old 07-14-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Robby & Melissa
Old 07-14-2015, 11:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Thumbs up

Hey Guys

Made it to Boston Monday evening. It was a nice trip we took our time. Got here and no internet, tv, or phone service, lol. Our home is in the deep woods and so even cell service is spotty at best. So we had a nice dinner and watch a DVD, snuggled up, and went to an early bed.

This morning we got the Verizon FIOS services repaired, meet with the realtor, fired the old grounds caretaker, hired a new one, and then took it easy for the afternoon. This evening we went for a drive to see the new place - it looks more than nice. Its a great condo community with a wonderful setting in an historic little town outside Boston. Sweet! We have a viewing Wednesday morning

For myself, this adventure is importantly bitter/sweet. I'm okay with that, but its not been easy, and we've both had a few tears to shed, and that's okay too. And not unexpected. We're both okay and well.

Its after 2am here now, lol.

We had KFC after our drive. Mashed w/gravy and biscuits. Mmmm.

Looks like a lively thread. I'll talk with y'all in the afternoon.

Old 07-14-2015, 11:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you and Melissa have this time together Rob

D
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

(((Robby and Melissa)))
Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

The bittersweet is understood...(r&m)
Old 07-15-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi again troops,
I'm so far behind on posts I'm having to quickly say hi on Auth VI, p.2, for eff's sake!

I've been getting very down n dirty with all the rehab stuff, especially given this place's dual diagnosis focus. As of today (15th), barely a few days left before going home on the 21st.

Once back home, I'll be busy managing all that I have to do each day, both inwardly and outwardly. I look back over this frightful relapse of so many months as if it was a horrible hiatus in a parallel universe or something...yet also, very, very real, in real time. The real work starts next Tues, also in very real time and space. Feeling a bit scared this time, but also have to remember every day that I have many more supports of all kinds than on previous occasions.

There's also a relentless stream of highly triggering birthday memoriams during August, and now after Sue, September - itself, barely a few weeks after the twins' birthday (and still estranged from them), then the first anniversary of Sue's death, cremation, memorial service through November well into December, followed shortly after by my remaining sis' birthday, mine (60th) a day later, then Christmas Day.

So, yeah, it's gonna be hard. But I can do it with highly targetted outpatients' groups on 1-2 days / week, speaking with my worker, meetings, and finally hopefully finding a suitable psychotherapist not too far away to slowly help me un-burden so much of the past traumas, losses, griefs. Phew! And in between, living a balanced life at home with Bessie, trying new social things or some hobbies (old or new), etc etc etc. God knows how anyone finds the time to (do paid) work in early recovery, beats me!!!

Enough from me now, bedtime....I apologise for not having being able to even read through all the latest stories, reflections etc of the last several days. But know, as I'm sure you all do, that I often think of you all. And R and M, I did offer up a metta prayer for you guys during last Thursday evening's prayer / reflection group in the lovely pastoral care Quiet Room along with about 10 other patients - 2 of us from AOD unit, and the rest from psychiatric. It was a very powerful little session.

Lots of love all, Vic xxx
Old 07-15-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're mapping out a plan Vic. I believe you can really make this the new default

D
Old 07-15-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I tried to imagine myself doing what you and Melissa are doing right now and tears came immediately. So glad you have one another at this juncture. Love!

Vic - it sounds like you are making headway... that is all we can do, right? Take care.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ArtFriend View Post
I tried to imagine myself doing what you and Melissa are doing right now and tears came immediately. So glad you have one another at this juncture. Love!
The same here, exactly.

Still crying.