It's our 11th SR Birthday!

Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SR!!!!

I started with SR in January of 2010 and came back about 3 months later to finally get my life on track.

This site and its circle of amazing people have been a blessing to me. I wouldn't be where I am at and have what I have without the support and guidance of SR

Thank you!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congratulations SR on helping people for a 11 years!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you SR and everybody here I am so incredibly grateful for this site and for never having to be alone on this journey!
Happy Birthday!!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SR!

This is real life, being shared amongst all of us... our experience, strength and hope. SR makes a difference.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

so grateful to be a part of this community. thank you SR!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I am incredibly grateful for this site. It's a huge part of my recovery.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

This place changed my life! I continue to be amazed at the people here and the potential of something on the internet to be so powerful. <3
Old 09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday SR! The sight is brilliant: helping people who are considering getting sober and folks with double-digit sobriety. Best of all it allows us to spend time really helping individuals. And like AA, it is wide enough to help anyone who thinks they might be an alcoholic.

God bless
Old 09-18-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
cmc

Happy Birthday SR!7

When I think of "SR" I'm referring not only to those who first got this site going but to _all_ of the past and present members, guests & those who volunteer their time to tend to the business of all that's involved with a running such a wonderful spot on the web.

I came here in crisis like most of you and found unconditional support, friendship, wonderful examples of recovery and alot of laughs.

I think...no-"I know" that those laughs and especially those many crazy late nights with the gals in FFSA way back when- saved my sanity at a time when I was beside myself with fear for an addicted family member's sake.

Thankfully- I got better and so did he. My son will celebrate 6 years next spring and I continue to learn, grow and enjoy the many benefits and blessings of my own recovery.

It works if you work it, so work it- you're worth it.

I luv SR & all y'all too. In my own way this is my wish: Happy Birthday to everyone here.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday, SR! Wow...11 years. That's 11 years of saving people's lives, providing support, love and caring to thousands of people who need it.

SR to me is my safe haven. The place I can go to to celebrate, to commiserate, to share, to support, to laugh, to cry. To find connections with people like me..

In my darkest, most fearful moments I have felt like SR is a circle of people holding hands, with me in the middle. Protected from that which has frightened me most and brought me closest to death. My addiction.

Thank you, SR - the founders, the admins and greeters, the long timers, the newbies, and everyone who has taken the time to make this forum the amazing place it is - and many congratulations.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I too was already sober when I found SR. I was just looking for interesting discussions with others who live happy alcohol free lives. I've found that and more. I have learned so much....and it goes way beyond "not drinking"...the threads on meditation, alternative methods for quitting, religion, nontheism, music, quotes...so much great stuff! Thanks everyone at SR. Happy Birthday! I do love a celebration!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

It has been awhile since I have visited SR, I am ashamed to say...because without this site, well...I don't know what my life would be like today.

In April 08, I was in desperate straits....although I had been attending AA meetings for several years, I was unable to put more than a week together. I sat in meetings, feeling full of shame but I did not have the courage and/or humility to be honest with anyone. I was so filled with fear of rejection and I was convinced that I was one of the constitutionally incapable....

One morning after, I did an Internet search and found SR. I started reading and felt immediately at home and "safe". Here I could be honest and miracle or miracles, I no longer felt alone. While my recovery was full of fits and starts, those on SR always encouraged me to keep trying...with everyone's help, I have been sober since May 21, 2009.

I was losing my loved ones and I had long ago lost myself. Sobriety has been the most important achievement of my life. I value it all the more because it did not come easily. I struggled for a long, long time to climb out of my course of self destruction.

SR provided a lifeline for me when I felt that I had nowhere to turn and I can NEVER express enough gratitude to each and every one of you who extends their hand to another alcoholic. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=DesertEyes;3108583]

SR taught me never to give up, so I didn't.
So many days I have been too sick to go to a real life meeting, but there's always a meeting going on here. So many days I have been an emotional wreck and felt so, so alone. But there's always somebody here who is going thru far more hardships than me, and I can see how _they_ manage to make it one day at a time. If they can, well then so can I.

Mike, this is beautiful. we are so blessed to have you here. you are one of the "rocks" here, who makes me not want to give up on recovery from my codependency, and the work I do on dealing with a son who abuses alcohol.

hope today is a beautiful, perfect day for you, dear person.

Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday to SR. I personally thank God for this site. I believe that God works through people here on earth, and to me,this place is a perfect example of His love. Many giving , caring folks here. It has taught me a lot about stopping to see the person within, and that you never know who might be in need of some compassion- whether an addict/alcoholic, or someone affected by one.
Thank you SR, and the special one/ones who created it, and those who make it what it is today.

hugs
chicory
Old 09-28-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

wow, chicory, thank you for that fantastic compliment. You've got me blushing !!!

Mike
Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I am grateful for this community, for all the sharing and giving..and honesty.
Yes, I made the decision to stop drinking last December...but only because I found this site and I found hope.
Thank you everybody!
Happy Birthday SR!

Kim
Old 09-28-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

thank you SR!

SR has added a dimention to my sobriety was missing for so long. And support when I messed up.

Thanks to all of you.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I was clean when I finally signed on to SR, but had been lurking for over a year. Can't imagine life without it, and have made some very special friends here, a few I've even gotten to meet, and that is really cool.

Happy Birthday, and a big thanks (((SR)))!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-28-2011, 06:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I originally signed up, sober, before my member date. But back around that time Jon had a problem with the server and some memberships and posts were lost and I had to reregister, lol

I came to this site, not too long after Carol D from AEB another site that is now long gone.

It is one of the best recovery sites on the web, but only because of all the hard work of the administrators and forum leaders.

So .................................. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOBER RECOVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,