Notices

my story

Old 07-09-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my story

Im glad that i have found this forum,i have introduced myself elsewhere but as this is a section concerning depression i thought id tell my story-part as a cathartic excercise on my part-and part so others going through similar issues might find empathy and therefore comfort( if that makes sense ).

I can look back on as to why im ill and there are a few key points,i do know that others have had it worse but my doc said anyone of the follwing incedents would drive someone to the extremes i have sunk to so here goes.

I was bullied at school

I was in an abusive relationship

I was forced out of a job

My mum died suddenly

My relationship with my current G/F is dying

Much apologies if im being self indulgent
Old 07-09-2006, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, getting out your hurts is OK and this is a great place to do it. Just don't let it be a source for self-excuse! In seeking out SR your feet are on a better path - an illustration I saw once showed a little child walking on a diverging path past a street sign showing "the road taken". The other arrow on the sign said "no longer an option". (Less elegant than the Frost poem, but maybe a little more pointed!) Walk on! You've found lots of travelling companions here and we welcome you!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, sounds like a rough time.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Shuck.

You´ve come to the right place. I´m sorry you went through such a bad time, but I believe the first step is to express yourself about it to get clarity. Then you can deal with it more easily.

I find it great that you have isolated each trauma. Sometimes everything goes in circles like juggler´s balls and I find that the first task is to isolate them. Good for you!

Feel free to talk and remember that it´s not always the adversity itself that is the problem, it is how you deal with it.

Good luck, hope to see you around,
Old 07-11-2006, 05:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Welcome to MH forum!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Going thru a lot of bad events can cause depression. It sounds like you have had your fair share.

Please also in addition to psychiatric care, get some counseling to go along with it. YOu need to address all these issues and work thru them.