Notices

A Way of Life?

Old 07-01-2006, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Working Towards it...

A Way of Life?

Not that it should be, but I'm one of those people you shake your head at - refuses help, is miserable, etc. I've had depression issues for a long time and turned to a bottle to make me feel better. I think we all know how that turns out. I guess I'd just like to know that I'm not alone. I know I'm not, and I'm sure there are plenty of similar posts around here, but for whatever reason I need some sort of affirmation.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are not alone...and never forget it!!

I don't know why, but I like this avitar
Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Malcolm
Not that it should be, but I'm one of those people you shake your head at - refuses help, is miserable, etc. I've had depression issues for a long time and turned to a bottle to make me feel better. I think we all know how that turns out. I guess I'd just like to know that I'm not alone. I know I'm not, and I'm sure there are plenty of similar posts around here, but for whatever reason I need some sort of affirmation.
I have done that most of my life as well...
But I noticed it melts away "if" I stay sober long enough.

Let's hang in there Brother!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Malcom, I understand that you are looking for affirmation of better life that exsist without addiction. Today, I'm not very good at providing you with this. Today, my life is better without alcohol. Yet, also today I struggle with not drinking. I also suffer with depression and PTSD. I wish I had thicker skin so that events in life didn't hurt me. It's not much help but, I just came upon your post. And, I'm thanking you for reafirmation that I recieved from your post. This may sound stange but, I can feel my own pain through yours. I can see your pain in myself if I choose to drink. Today, I need to be here for me, because I need to be here for you, because we need to be here for each other. It's nice to hold other's hands, even though this wire, and know we need not stuggle alone. I need you and everyone to walk down this path with me today.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Doube-Edged

i personally can't wait until the voices come back. i never had another solution but getting wasted. but they have to be out there because everyone here is, well, here.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Working Towards it...

Good enough, thanks.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YOu are not alone. My AH has bipolar and he used alchohol to help him sleep and to ward off the mania. Not a good idea.

There are lots with mental disorders who are using the alcohol to help.

Hey, lots try it to help them sleep, to deal with insomnia, all kinds of stuff. Over time you need more nad more and then before you know it you have an addiction.

You might check out Dual Recovery anonymous. THey have a website. GOod luck!