Notices

bored, isolated, and wanting ot talk

Old 06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Welcome to the zoo

Unhappy bored, isolated, and wanting ot talk

hi everyone.
i think i posted here like a month or so ago. i just finished a relapse, picked up all my stuff, my vritters and moved to my mom's until i get into a treatment center. i have 16 days clean right now. anyway, it's midnight, i'm living in the middle of nowhere ( literally, the closest thing is 30 min dirve away, and i dont drive) i have met a few ppl in the closest town, at meetings, but don't want to call them at this time of night. last night i was so lonely that i resorted to calling my therapy team at 10pm just ot chat. they were ok with it though, as they are oncall 24/7 and haven't heard much from me since i moved two weeks ago. on the most part i am ok. but the loneliness is driving me up the wall, and sometimes my mom does too, as she is the only human contact i get other than 2 meetings a week.
i'm in the chat room, if anyone is on right now and wouldn't mind talking for a bit. i'm in openchat. if i don't respond try to PM me, i'm just reading posts and such.
thanks so so so so much, i hope there are some night owls out there like me right now.
lots of safehugs
Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi SW,

I'm glad you are here, sober, and reaching out! Congrats on the clean 16 days! Thats awesome!

You remind me of my situation, only in reverse. I'm the mom, living in the rural outpost, with the temporarily visiting, unhappy/bored adult daughter. At least you are in recovery. Mine's in crisis right now (see my thread if you want the blow-by-blow), but I turn it all over now to the HP.

Take good care and good luck!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Welcome to the zoo

hi! thanks for replying, actually i did read ur post . it made me realise some of the stuff i put my mom through in the past. i have many mental diagnosis and have been hospitalized over 20 times while i was a teenager. most of those admissions were for 6 months or more. i don't know how my mom made it through all the stuff i did. and she still cares and still is right there when i need it most. i wouldn't be here today if it weren't for her. she is the one person i know will always have my back no matter what. and that means the world to me.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

When I am at work, I am around in the night hours but I can't get into chat.
Most nights you may find people from other countries about or a few of us late night workers. I can be an ear at times, so know your not alone ok.