Notices

Im panicking, YIKES

Old 06-21-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im panicking, YIKES

Ive been doing pretty good with my anxiety and am not sure how I ever lived before, except how I was explains how sick thin and pale I was, I was a nervous wreck and spent most days either shaking screaming or crying.

Ive been seeing a counselor for more than a year and on Lexapro for 6 months. They just announced to day at work our insurance was changing. My biweekly therapy appointments are going from$20 to $40 and my Lexapro copay will be going from 40 dollars a month to 60.
I barely make it from check to check now, there is no way I a\can account for the deifference, so realizing that as of July 1st all things must change, I am freaking out.

SOmeone please slap me, or something I need to calm down.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((HUGE Hugs)))))))

I know first hand what severe anxiety is like...and you have my sincerest support and love.................seven years could not drive from horrible anxiety.last November I got my drivers license.I drive now!

Enough about me....now .how can you find relief too? Medication is one part IMO.......and learning critical thinking skills......I know when panic attacks and anxiety hit we pretty much go into CRISIS thinking...and we physiologically end up with symptoms and just feel like total crap! I have found that after getting my medicine adjusted.........retraining my thoughts.........works so well.....I tear up now thinking about how long I suffered...all I gave up..if I could have learned some simple skills earlier.but better late than never right?

A couple books helped me learn some coping skills....One is The New Mood Therapy by a Dr Burns.........and also a few books by Dr Wayne Dyer..........also any meditation and yoga exercises are wonderful..........watch your caffeine intake too.....I used to get really stressed and edgy with worse anxiety when drinking lots of caffeine.........

Hang in there..........I know it feels like it cannot get any better..but it can! and it doesn't have to cost a fortune either.......I don't have insurance at all..it is scary.I totally understand the fear. PM me naytime, okay? (((Hugs)))
Old 06-22-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you.
I do like William Dyer, but I used to listen to him in the car and now I no longert have a tape player.
Mediation and Yoga are those things I keep saying Im going to do but dont. Ill make sure I start.
The thing with the caffiene is tricky. Caffiene chills out my unfocusable issues and spaciness, yet it does make me anxious.

Thank you again so much for your kind words and understandning.