Notices

Shyness + Dependence

Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shyness + Dependence

A very bad combination...

Here is my story.

For years I have been shy, and it has been only within the last 2 years I have started to work against it.

Most of my success has come recently (2 months), and I can safely say I can tackle social events, greet people, even dancing with little anxiety and confidence. But I still have a bit to go like conversations, etc.

My biggest challenge now is that I am hopelessly dependent on my parents or others for inspiration to do anything. Sure I can walk down to the shops and buy food and survive, but when it comes to something with more that a few steps, i just dont do it. Like for example I want to buy a car, but first I have to go to the bank and withdraw a enough money to pay for it. I can walk to the bank and I can speak to the people inside the bank (major improvement) but without someone saying, go to the bank, it never gets done.
Think it might have something to do with confidence im my own decisions or even fear of some kind. Lets just say it is so bad that I couldn't even buy my ex girlfriend a gift (thus the ex).

What should I do?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-07-2006, 03:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hrm, are you apathetic? (Not being rude here honest!) but apathy is a symptom of depression, if you have a touch of depression it could be that that causing it. I get apathetic at times and don't go out or anything, some things seem like a huge task so I don't do them at all.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

bingo, you are correct