Notices

Something that makes me so mad

Old 05-23-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something that makes me so mad

Is when people think they know what being bipolar is all about. I work in law enforcement and when ever someone who is just really really mentally imbalanced is being dealt with, they automatically say something about them being bipolar. Yes, I was diagnosed bipolar with PTSD. No one around here knows because of the way people think. And when I say mentally imbalanced, IM talking some people who have been standing in the street wearing aluminum foil hats talking about the spaceship coming to get them. IM talking people who have scraped their carpet up with a fork because their garden gnome told em to.
Just really ticks me off
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree with you. I don't think people who are not educated should be making blanket statements like that. I think people think bipolar is being "moody" or something like that. One of my spouse's AA sponsors told him, We are all a little bipolar. I disagree with that very strongly. My AH is bipolar, so I have a good understanding of what it is you are dealing with. Try to let it go in one ear and out the other. Just remember those people are not educated and maybe when one says something stupid, you could say something to correct them in a tactful way.