Notices

lexapro

Old 03-29-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lexapro

hello i was just wondering if anyone has taken lexapro for anxiety and what the results were? any bad side effects?
thanks
lauren
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have taken it for the mild depression/anxiety that I suffer every Feb/March due tio the seasonal affective disorder. 10mg/day

It really seems to help me get over the lost and confused, may as well pull the covers over my head feeling I get on waking up this time of year.

I've used it nearly 3 years in a row now for about an 8 week period, and thats including a taoer period when I stop taking it once the sun starts heading back this way.

haven't noted any severe side effects other than dry mouth and a little drowsiness initially.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lexapro is a fairly newer medication and is simular to Celexa. I haven't taken it personally, however I have several patients who take it and so far none of them have complained of side effects. Most of them who take it report a decrease in depression and/or anxiety.

The one thing about medication, especially medications for mood, is that each person reacts differently to the medication. What works for me, may not work for another person, or they may have different side effects.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks everyone!!