Notices

Trying to do the right thing

Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to do the right thing

I went to the bank this morning to get my account fixed.They still do not know where extra money came from so I opened new accounts both checking and savings I am just tired of head going stupid.The bank used what I had in there on Dec 30 to go by.Now I am at home calling all of the people to change automatic payments to new accounts.I get this phone call from the bank the lady was very rude telling me that I was now overdrawn by $10,750 in my checking account.She also made a remark about that I could be prosicuted for that amount. I tryed to explain to her that I was just at the bank and got all of this straightend out. She informed me that closing a account out and using it after it was closed was a felony. I told her that I would go back to the bank and get it fixed.While at the bank this lady told me she had it taken care of it.I then withdrew my money and went to a new bank. I had been banking there for 30 years but no more.The new bank would not let me open an account because I was overdrawn at the other bank.Now I am at a loss as to what to do. This is a nightmare.I called a friend that is in the program he is also an Attorney and ask for help.So I turned it over. As it stands I have $88,000.00 in savings that is not mine and am $10,750 over drawn in my checking. I will not make the statement about life being boring for a while.I long for my simple life back.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Over the years I have closed accounts and changed banks because the nice little local banks who treated me so well, got bought out and taken over by the big money grubbers who are only looking out for their board of directors and investors.

I was with a Credit Union for nearly 20 years but in the last 2 years that started to go to hell. I found another little local bank and walked in. Surprise I knew about 6 of the tellers and the managers. They all came from the local little banks I used to deal with.

It feels good to be back where they say hi to me and know me by my first name when I walk into the bank or pull up to the drive though teller.

I hope your lawyer can find a way to legally charge them for all the trauma they are putting you through. You shuld at least be getting some of the interest that misplaced money is earning.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I can sure relate to what you are saying. I was at a bank for may years and a big corporation took it over a major banking firm. After they took it over I started to have problems with them. Some of my deposits were not showing and one of them I didn't have the deposit slip, I am not sure what I did with it and I had to eat that deposit. After another time or two I decided that it was time to change banks, like Gooch said to people who knew me and would acknowledge me. I felt reassured as I changed the banks. You know I just read in the
NA Basic Text Page 98

Often we have to face some type of crisis during our recovery, such as the death of a loved one, financial difficulties or divorce. These are realities of life, and they don't go away just because we get clean. Some of us , even after years of recovery, found ourselves jobless, homeless and penniless. We entertained the thought that staying clean was not paying off, and the old thinking stirred up self-pity, resentment and anger. No matter how painful life's tragedies can be for us, one thing is clear, we much not use, no matter what!
You know I always thought that everything should go my way when I got clean and sober. Today I am very grateful that things don't always go my way. I know today that my way is not always a way to go. I have also learned that if I am not an open book to at least one person in my life than I am holding things in. I share everything with my sponsor and a few other people. My life is OK today, we all have issues that we have to deal with on a daily basis. And what I do today has a defiant impact on what my day is tomorrow (if I am even given the gift of having a tomorrow.) Just do the right thing no matter how painful it can be and all will turn out the way it is suppose to, maybe not the way that we want it to, but the way it is suppose to. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Love Vic
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Vic thanks I was reading chapter 10 this afternoon in my heart I know it will work it self out.By the way it is on page 96 my basic text second edition more will be revealed aint that the truth.Thanks to you to Gooch.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was wondering what happened to that $88,000.