Notices

scared...sh#tless

Old 02-05-2006, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry scared...sh#tless

Yeah, so tonight was my last "good time". No more smokin' for me. I have my first meeting with my drug and alcohol counselor on Monday. My goal is to just cut cold turkey. I hope this isn't as hard as I imagine it to be but I have a gut feeling it's gonna be tough. I'm not sure if being a drug user for 5 months is considered an addict. I dont know. All I know is the last time I couldn't get any .... I obviously couldn't smoke that night.... I broke down yelling at my friend, I was soo angry who was gonna get it. Then I got really depressed. Suicidal thoughts were running in my head. I just dont know how I'm going to survive this.....
I can't be a drug addict I'm 21 years old, 3rd year college student... this is soooo not how I th ought things would go....

~ Liz
Old 02-05-2006, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
turning red!

Hey Liz,

I'm glad you're taking the step towards recovery. I hope you will go to the meeting tomorrow and get the help you're looking for.
Take care & be strong. You can change your life around.

xxx
Carine
Old 02-05-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Liz.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Liz.....

A warm welcome to Sober Recovery...

this is soooo not how I th ought things would go....

yeah..
I know.. ;o)

I feel relief for you though that your saying this at 21.. and not 31, or 41 or a dragged out, worn out 51 or beyond..

Brushing up against addiction and getting a beak full of understanding of what it can take from us...
Hopefully... that will save us from years of pain and self abuse...

So...
don't fear the withdrawal Liz... for that's what keeps us using...
accept... and come spend your hard time with us...

praying for a clear path for you.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Liz...

I went to convention yesterday and heard a fella relating that he met a young man at a meeting who had gone out with friends and tried some new drug. The boy woke up the next day, feeling guilty over all the money he spent, the fact that he had done thiings he wouldn;t normally have done, and that he had let himself down.

One time and he got his butt to a meeting.

I beat myself up pretty bad for 15 years before I realized I had no consistent success with controlling my use of drugs.

This is a journey we can walk with you on, but it's gonna be your choice what you pack, where you stop and rest and if you decide to turn around and go back to looking for yesterday, you'll be going that route alone.

I don't know that your an addict, but this pamphlet helped me decide.

Am I an addict?
Old 02-05-2006, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
REZ

My clean date is October 6, 1984. I was 21 years old at the time (soon to turn 22). I too, thought I might be too young, needed to use more to prove I was an addict, etc., etc. I'm glad I didn't. I had done plenty of drugs and alcohol by age 21. The bottom line is what happened to me when I used: the drugs took control and my life/mind/attitude was messed up. I also didn't think I would end up being an addict, but I did. Those are the facts, pure and simple, that I had to honestly admit to myself.