Notices

Fresh from rehab newbie..my introduction

Old 02-04-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fresh from rehab newbie..my introduction

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself and say hi to everyone..I just left 12 Oaks on Thursday morning and am just trying to get back into life. I was taking large amounts of hydrocodone and have been clean since Jan 7th of this year. Just trying to find meetings in my area and get myself together out here in the real world.I am on suboxone so I have not wanted to use but as many of you know I am sure getting out of rehab and coming back home to a husband and teenagers it is quite stressful. I had been using for the last 1.5 years and there are alot of things I have to catch up on cause I have been physically here but really not as you guys know. Guess I just needed to talk with people who understand...hope everyone has a good saturday..its a beautiful day here and I am going to be cleaning and doing errands..found that I terribly miss all the time I spent writing down my feelings in rehab, so I plan on buying some notebooks and a diary with cats on them to make me feel better.. I know its the little things that make life great...and I was always a big writer years ago before I really lost myself..
Old 02-04-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi CatCrazy,

You will get a lot of support while you are hanging out here. You have people who certainly understand everything you are going through so you know that you are not alone. No matter what happens, just continue on and move forward in sobriety. You are at the beginning of a wonderful journey of
self-discovery! Writing out your feelings is a very good thing to help as it helps in so many ways.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, catcrazy. Glad you're here.

Fresh from rehab? The best suggestion I can give is meetings, meetings, meetings. Immerse yourself in the recovery community. I am an opiate addict and alcoholic who got clean and sober in AA. It works for millions. It can work for you, too.

Lots of cat lovers here. Here is my girl, Sophie-Grace.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
REZ

Glad you are clean today. Rehab is a great start, but my recovery is something we need to work on on a daily basis. Meetings, sponsorship, 12 steps, fellowship with others in recovery, prayer and meditation, reading the literature, service work. These are all good tools to use on a daily basis. Welcome to SR!
Old 02-04-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN

Great that you found help if you stick around and listen and follow advice you will surely recover I would recommend that you find face to face meetings in your area and get a sponser and work the steps. It only works if you work it. And trust me it sucks if you dont it took me two times to figure out everyone in recovery is here to help you if you listen you will learn.

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Id put a picture of my cat but she is hiding she broke her leg and has a cast and is all pissed off!! at everyone and everything do you suppose that cats have a 12 step program for anger management? LMAO.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TURN OFF THE FAUCET!!!It wont quit raining here and now there calling for three inches of snow tonight. Its really getting depressing. I NEED A WARM BEACH AND SUNSHINE!!!! Aaron
Old 02-04-2006, 11:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Good job on getting clean. Now maintain it through meetings. There are lots of them in P-Cola, Navarre, Ft. Walton, and Destin. There is a great meeting at Buster's Bar and Grill in Destin. I took a friend to 12 Oaks last year. The doc there is very smart. Like the post above said...go to face-to-face meetings and immerse yourself in the recovery community. The stress triggers are out there and the meetings, the sponsor, and others in recovery will help you through it. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!
I am going to the NA meeting tonite, Have every intention of going to meetings as much as possible and I am required to go in order to maintain the sub treatment. So that is a kick at least if I get lazy, I know I cant ...I am seeing how easy it is to just go back to normal home life without doing all the things they say, 12 steps meetings etc...I think the family would like that better but we will all adjust I think. It is very hard to be focused on yourself when you get home to family...and tons of cleaning and laundry to do...But I am working on it...Thanks again!
Cat
Old 02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi...& welcome to the board!
I've been to Destin...my best vacation ever...beautiful white sandy beaches...
Advice: Meetings, meetings, & more meetings
Compare in not out.
Addiction is addiction, regardless of the substance.
Look for a sponsor who has what you want...
Remember at meetings, some are sicker than others...
Do not place anyone on a pedastol, for even those with multiple years of sobriety can fall.
At meetings, we are all the same...sick people trying to get well, one day at a time.

PS...I'm also a cat lover
Old 02-04-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi welcome, I wish u the best of luck, I am also in Florida I live in Kissimmee I am unsure of how far pensacola is from here, but if u need anything just send me a message..4 months for me on the 14th.. congrats on takin the first step!!
Old 02-04-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Glad To Hear You Are On The Right Road May You Have A Very Slow Recovery, Don't Rush The Future Take Time To Enjoy The Beauty Of Fl. And All That God Has Given Us.... Especially You, Take The Time For You Your Cats, Journal Writing, Reflect Learn From The Past So You May Recover. Peace And Joy To You