Now that I stop what should I do ...

Old 02-01-2006, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Now that I stop what should I do ...

Hi,

My name is Frederic and I am a Marijuana addict.

I've been smoking weed for the last 4 years. My smoking has increase in the last 2 years since I move in my own place. I use to smoke alone to 'relax' as I was saying but my attitude started to change... I isolated myself in my little appartment and since I was so a shame of my action I started lying to everyone around me (familly, friends, co-workers and many women I have been in relationship with) and started feeling very depress. Before yesterday, no one knew that I was smoking weed...

A week ago, I started seeing this girl (which I thought I might have serious feeling for but I feel that on weed I'm never sure of anything) and last Friday she came at my place for a sleep over. Of course I always hide every trace of marijuana so she didn't have a clue but the next morning I felt like smoking so bad that I decided to drop her off to her appartment just so that I could smoke my good old weed. After smoking it, I felt so low to be such a lmposter that I decided to quit for real. The next morning (last Sunday) I flush all the weed that I had in my house and since then I haven't smoke any.

yesterday, I decided to confront my fear and tell one of my best friend. She said that she had doubts but she was glad that I told her. The relief was incredible. I started doing the samething with my guys friends and also the were really supportive of me.

I do feel more tired and do not enoy tv as much but I have to admit I am proud of myself and gainning slowly more confidence. I found it ironic that this girl, that I will disapoint tomorrow because I really don't feel like getting attach while sobering up and also I must confest I do not feel that much attracted to is responsible for my change of being. I wish I could give her more but I feel like I must focus on my motivation first. Actually, I don't think I have a choice. The best thing that I can do is be honest about my feeling for her, something I have'nt done in a while.

Here is my questions for you :

What are the possible side effect of stoping smoking marijuana ? Is there an official web site ??? I'm specially worried about the emotions because to be perfectly honest with you I haven't cry once in the last 4 years an I feel that if I could cry it would be such a relieve.

Thanks for your help and thanks for your presence on the web. It feels so good to have the opportunity to share my story. I will definately pass it foward to someone else.

Frederic P.
Sober and honest since January 29, 2006
Old 02-14-2006, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Frederic;
Please go on over to the NA or substance abuse forums here on SR. There you'll find much support from the follks there.
I cannot answer your question, but, I'm sure Mark will have some answers when he comes back.
Be well...

Shalom!