Notices

Is this anxitey disorder

Old 02-01-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this anxitey disorder

Lately I think I've started having anxiety or panic attacks, but I'm not sure. Twice this week my heart began racing out of control, like I was afraid of something but I don't know what. Along with that I had a sinking feeling. Kind of a very unworldly, lonely feeling. I was really concerned that I might be going crazy. I thought about seeing a doctor but am more worried Id just be put on some medication. I found a list of anxiety symptoms at www.selftherapy.org , which has calmed me down a bit as it's sounds quite like what I am experiencing. Has anyone every tried that program? Or have any other suggestions? Does this sound like anxiety?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the program that helped my daughter a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...lance&n=283155

It could have been a panic attack or I've had that happen with too much nicotine when using the patch or too much coffee or even allergy or cold medication.

You're not going crazy. It just makes you feel that way. Cut back on the caffeine right now and try to get some exercise. Eat well and try not to let it scare you. If it happens again try to relax through it and tell yourself that you will feel fine within 24 hours. Think about what you did before you felt that way to overrule any type of allergic reaction to something you may have taken. I used to be able to take cold medication and now I can't without it causing the same reaction you just had.

Hugs,
MG
Old 02-04-2006, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Chillout...
A warm welcome to SR....

Thank you for that link.
I've suffered with anxiety all my life... and I've passed on the tendancy to fret to my daughter ... so... I'll be going after that book as well MG..

Hopefully we can work together on this and save us some needless angst.

Going to be getting that book for myself and my daughter...
Old 02-04-2006, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Chillout, me too.

I had two panic attacks within a week, this past week. I haven't had one in quite a while, at least several months. These two grabbed me so fast I hardly had time to realize it was a panic attack, especially the first one. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest and the sinking feeling was overwhelming. I was not in any danger nor in a anxiety provoking location (like a crowded arena, elevator, etc.)
When I realized I was faint and my lips tingled, I knew it was a panic attack. Then I settled down, realizing it and also having a wonderful man near me that understood and helped me through. (Thank You).

Just recognizing when it hits is so helpful for me.
Thanks MG for the book suggestion. I have also passed on the anxiety to my daughter so maybe we can read it together.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

I have a couple of Lucinda B. books. She is very well known for her abilities for helping people with anxiety issues.

She herself suffered from severe anxiety, and also from panic attacks.
She is some sort of Therapist, and works with many people on a daily basis,
and in group settings, and has put out these books. She also has a
complete set of tapes and CD's, it's a whole program. She even has infomecials on TV.

But, I have heard people say tht they have really been helped by her programs.
Her stuff sells cheaper on Ebay, and halfprice.com, than of course if you bought it from
her.

But to buy her whole program I guess is like in the upwards of 5 to 7 hundred dollars.
Expensive, but if you have it, and you have alot of time, from everything I hear,
it works.

Just some info. from my experience, and what I know.

If you do a search on Ebay, or anywhere else, her name is Lucinda Bassett.

Love and prayers,
Becky