Notices

This is horrible.

Old 01-31-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry This is horrible.

I decided to get of narcotics. I will not do that to my body anymore, or to my mind. I'm only about 46hrs. clean and the withdraws are horrible. I'm sitting here with four children, two of them are mine and two of them are my cousin's(I'm babysitting them all day) Not to mention all of them are in diapers. I'm having a hard time. Help!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Deep breaths to relax.

Take each moment and work your way through. Before you know it, the day will be complete.

Congratulations on the wonderful choice you have made.

Good for you. WONDERFUL!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

You may need to get treatment. If not, go to NA meetings: you'll find help there.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahh, Good for you!!!! That is awesome. Hang in there you CAN do this. Just take it hour by hour, step by step.. You will get through the tough part.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

You say that you only have 46hrs? Do not minimize that time. That is a major accomplishment. Any day clean for an addict is a miracle. Don't look back. Keep on moving forward. Your pain will lessen with each day. I wish you the best...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((pitre))))

Yes congrats on your clean time...keep posting...((((BIGHUG))))
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I lived in North Platte almost all my life I hope your ok I will email you ok
Old 01-31-2006, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just want to encourage you and give you two thumbs up. Right now I'm detoxing off benzos and I can hardly stand it, so I know how you are feeling.
Just know that I am thinking of you, as are alot of other people.
YOUR DOING VERY GOOD.....REALLY GOOD!! ..........JOE
Old 01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
"It is what it is"

My biggest fear was how to work and do my daily "chores" through withdrawl. I had experienced it a few times even before I realized I had a problem and before I decided to stop it. Oh my god was it hard to get through those days, luckily you're dealing with kids not boss' who ask "Are you feeling ok?". Let them and everyone know, if you can, that you're not feeling well, you may have the flu or something.... It'll give you the space you need to recoup. Just like the flu it got worse before better and then to my surprise IT GOT BETTER! Be proud of your 2 1/2 days, it's an amazing accomplishment.
Here's to you!
Steph
Old 01-31-2006, 07:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Gratz on your clean time. I know it doesn't sound like much coming out of your own mouth but to me it represents a choice. A decision. It is a very big deal. I know the world in general sux right now. There is really no way around that. You just have to try and keep your mind on the big prize. You will get through this. Try to stay busy. I'm not too sure about babysitting so early in your withdrawal. Personally I was never in the right frame of mind to provide car for children. I was barely able to care for myself. That being said though, we do what we have to do. Please keep posting and let us know how things are going for you. Trust me, it's worth it. It just takes time and lots of patience with yourself. Feel free to pm me anytime if you just watn to chat.
here for you
samantha
Old 01-31-2006, 08:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Zen

Horrible... Down right sucks but be the warrior that you can be and kick it's ass that way I can grab some inspiration from ya....
Old 02-01-2006, 04:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

If you've got little ones...just be one of them for a while. Don't worry about the house..or dinner..make pb&j sandwiches....some instant potatoes...bananas...don't babysit unless you have to. Play....play...rest..think how wonderful it will be for your kids to have their mom back. It's a great thing you are doing for them and for you. YOU YOU YOU think about You .....read some self-help books....Listen to these smart people on SR...keep doing what you know is the right thing to do.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It will get better!YOU CAN DO THIS

:ValA020:
Old 02-01-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Deep breaths and know that you never have to feel this way again! There is a new way of life that wants and needs you!
Old 02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Best!

Yay for you, you have my deepest and utmost respect!
Geuss what ? The hardest part really is over! (tho' it may not seem that way at the moment) You have made your decision! You have chosen correctly!

Lots of love and support here, I applaud you!

:Valknees:
Old 02-04-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

Good for you! why don't you make a "game" out of it and enlist the kids to be your helpers? Whatever you can do to make it easier on all of you. I like the idea of pbj - i may go make one for me! Maybe you could just tell them you are sick today- if they are old enough ( over 3 yrs?) - I am a retired teacher and also a parent. Many times when I was sick ( at school or at home) my 'kids' rose to the occasion and helped out by being quiet, getting me glasses of water etc. Keeping everyone in the same room will make it easier for you too- let them set up a 'campground' in the living room and just relax and enjoy them as they play. It is good for you to let others take care of you!! Are you eating? Fluids will help you clean out. I am so glad to hear you are ready for a better life!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wink

I have been where you are, I gave up and went to rehab that I just completed on Thursday..so...I have tried to do the detox alone and its hellish I hope you can do this..just try to keep your mind off of it, do anything just anything you can to keep moving and get your mind on something other than that..drink lots of water and hot showers help..I will be around here pretty regularly now so post again and I will be glad to chat with you..it will get better...the 3rd day was always the worst for me and you are into that now so when you make it through the first 7 days you should start to feel better each day depending on what and how much and how long you had been using...
Old 02-04-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cmc

Taira,
so sorry- i missed the part about the kids in diapers- please forgive- I really feel for you in your situation- Keep hanging in there- do you think you may need medical help?
Don't forget or lose sight of the fact that YOU ARE WORTH IT and life will be so much better after this phase is over- your kids need you and you will never regret leaving your old life behind you!
you are in my prayers
cmc