Notices

I need some information from those who know.

Old 01-19-2006, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some information from those who know.

I have just found out that my youngest son has been and still is on ICE. What is ICE? Upper, downer...what? I know this is gonna sound weird...but how bad is this drug on the scale of drugs? Help.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's a synthetic form of Meth. I believe it's really addicting.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ice

Dear mom,
Yes ICE is and upper its a # 10 in my book as a dangerous drug I got down to 80lbs on that drug..
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

It is a very dangerous drug, I dabbled in it from time to time. It is a high quality form of Crystal Methamphetamine or "speed". It can become dangerous due to the rapid weight loss and possible mental damage. A guy I used to know got really strung out on this for a long time and now he is permanantly insane, he made himself paranoid scitzophrenic with this drug.

Here is a website that shows you pictures of the progression of meth addiction it's called faces of meth...

I don't post this to scare you, just to let you know how serious meth is.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh lordy. Okay. So for some background...my boy has been in jail for the last five months. part of his probation is that we attend meetings. He hasnt lived with me for two years..opting instead to go live with his father who has no rules and he of course wound up in trouble. Anyways, during our very first session he unloads on me for "allowing" him to get in to trouble from almost 200 miles away...yackity smackity and yada yada yada later he tells me that not only was he breaking in to cars (the reason he is in jail) but he has been doing most every drug known to man...but he really likes ICE. BAM....ummmm okay. Now that he is getting out on the 31st, his lawyer says that the best possible thing for him is to get out of town as fast as possible..get away from the people he hung with and such. I can agree to that. I can pack up and move to a two bedroom apartment .. change my life around..sure thing..why the hell not?!?!? But, I have to ask myself...Me, who has never even had a ticket in my whole life...me who is so very afraid of the police (dont know why) I am about to put myself in the line of fire if I allow this kid to return to my home. Why am I doing this to myself?? Cause he's my kid..and though his daddy and I are divorced...you cant divorce your kiddo. I know that if he has been in jail for the last five months..it's a pretty safe bet that the drugs are out of his system...but for how long? What do I watch out for? What are the signs that he has scored in my neighborhood? How do I protect myself against yet another drug addicted son?

Oh man...I thought I was done with this...I knew what to look for with my drinking son..the eyes, slurred speech...is this the same thing?
Old 01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is another form of meth. I was a meth user and ice was a common form of it as was anhydrous meth. Meth is meth no matter what from its in. As far as where its at on the scale of drugs let me say this: Ive lost my family and kids temporaily until I get myself cleaned up and I still want to get high. I just posted a thread called prayer every minute. It kinda gives a litlle more insight to my addiction to meth. My kids are my life and I still have moments Im not sure Im going to make it though with staying clean. So on a scale of 1-10- for me its rated a 9. Im in rehab, and its saving my life.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wrong post sorry

Love Vic
Old 01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

sorry wrong post
Old 01-20-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

get him in treatment. j.h
Old 01-20-2006, 11:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was a meth addict for many years...if it were my son I'd be looking for some sort of long term treatment ASAP.
I put my own son into treatment a couple of years ago for smoking weed and drinking alcohol.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Mom... come on down into the Naranon forums... lots of other moms down here.

My kid is a meth addict - the other kid is a pot/alcohol addict.

Different drugs... same ending.

Alanon saved my life... if you are going - you might consider increasing the number of meetings each week. If you are not... now is the time.

In Alanon I have learned...

I can't CAUSE addiction
I can't CONTROL addiction and
I can't CURE addiction

So maybe his dad has no rules - he didn't cause the addiction, and you probably couldn't have controlled it - nor can you if he comes to live with you now.

However, if you are like me, you will need to try this anyway. I heard it from Alanon friends, I heard it in here... what I did would NOT change my kids' addictions. But I still had to "try" in order to learn what didn't work.

What I would hope you can do is to keep the addiction separate from the PERSON. Your kid is a good, kind loving person - whoever he was "before". But the addiction covers all that up and one of the hardest things I think is to read a post from a mom who hates their child or a wife who hates their husband. Hates. Absolutely and unequivocably. For good reason, generally. But in most cases, the person they originally loved/fell in love with is in there... trapped by, being smothered by, maybe being killed by the addiction.

I got very, very sick chasing my kid who was chasing her drug. Not just phsically, but emotionally, mentally and spiritually. When I got here, I was not who I am today and didn't like the controlling, managing, manipulating, martyring, MEAN woman I had become.

I hope you can find some meetings in your area. Also, if your son is old enough, perhaps now might be the time for him to check out a clean and sober living arrangement. Type "Oxford House" into a search engine - they will only take him if he is committed to recovery, but if he fails, it won't be YOU sending him out into the cold.... it will be a result of his own actions.

Meth is nasty.... horrible... awful... despicable...
Old 01-24-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I too was addicted to ICE. It started with weed because it wasn't hard to find and from there I've tried every thing but crack and to me it is the worst drug of all.It is the biggest upper there is. It leads to alot aof days and nights staying up and getting crazier by the day. The sleep depervation alone leads to dillusions , hallucinations , and your whole outlook is F- IT someone addicted to ICE will not stop until everything good in their life is gone. I lost everything car, house, family, and friends I hit rock bottom. If I was you I would put him in treatment because if it's his fav drug and he can get it or be around it he will do I can promise you that from experience.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My Nephew in Minnesota lost absolutely everything including his life! Because he owed the drug dealers so much money that he didn't have. They Kidnapped and shot and killed an absolute true story. The man that shot him is now spending life in prison and his accomplices are there as well. Anything anyone can do to get someone off of ice is well worth the try.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your posts. He has agreed to go in to a rehab center before coming on home. He is in absolute agreement with you all about the fact that even though he is clean now..once he gets out..if its there..he'll do it again.

Something has to be done..this child is only 17. I cannot give up on him yet. He's my heart.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

oh lovingmom...my heart is breaking for you. my 19 year old son is also an addict. i will pray that rehab is the starting point for yours and your son's recovery. blessings...i will keep you in my prayers.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Best wishes to you and your son and I pray that everything will work out him he has a really good shot with a loving mother like yourself