Notices

lost

Old 01-18-2006, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost

I am Hiv+ and addicted to percocet.. I am trying to quit. I can't break the habit.. I want my life back. I wish I could talk to others about this. I live near Pittsburgh, pa.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No advice

I have no advice for you. I am addicted to narcotic pain medications. The main one I take is hydrocone but I take other medications/drugs when I can't get this one. I drink once in awhile but not often. I never ever really liked the taste of beer. So, I will have wine sometimes. I don't even know how to stop. Sometimes I wonder why I do the things that I do. I honestly don't know much about HIV. I have lived a very sheltered life. I didn't even know about non-white people or that there was other churches besides LDS(mormon) until I married my husband and went out of state to visit his family.I knew there was people of different races but all my aunts, uncles, grandparents, and so on told be that these people kidnapped white kids and torture them and other such stories. The public schools had about the same attitude has my family... So, I was told to always be in before night and stay away from these people. I mean they scared the ....out of me for telling me these things.i am only saying this to explain how much of a shelter life i have lived.This was a major cultural shock to me, when I went out of state.I can imagine that you might be scared about the HIV. My doctors believe I have MS. It does not help that I have a drug addiction... Anyway I just want to let you know that someone is thinking and praying for you.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. Let me say that iknow where your coming from with your addiction to percocet. That is where I started. Last week in rehab I learned something very important. I was told that if I cant get my drug of choice, I will hunt for another. How true it is. I then turned to meth. I have extensive medical problems too and really dont expect to live past 55 maybe 60. I have Crohns Disease, IBS, diabeties, my blood pressure is too low, and I have very little if no immune system. Most days I am in constant agony and pain. I am now 30 with three small children the youngest a little over a year. I want to live long enogh to see all three married and insanely in love. I was never sick a day in my life until Summer of 1990 and it started there. I started taking percocet around 2001 and by the time I moved on to meth I was taking 4-5 percocets with the 10/325 strength every 6 hrs interspersed with 200mg of demerol in between. Percocet was my drug of choice but if I couldnt get them I would look for meth-so much easier to get. I still cant believe Im alive today. Rehab is helping me save my life. I cant tell you how much I can relate.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, terryb72 and klouise.

There is a way out. There is a solution. We DO recover.

Call the NA hotline - someone will talk with you and help you find meetings in your area. Also, a visit to the Dr. and possible detox / rehab is a good idea as well.

Please call now. It doesn't get any better.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank You all So much!!! I will pray for you as well..