Notices

feeling better after kicking?

Old 01-13-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling better after kicking?

I've looked everywhere and I cannot find any helpful information on feeling better (physically) soon after kicking heroin. I've read plenty of suggestions for dealing with the stress, depression, etc - but I was wondering if there are any helpful tips/herbal remedies/nutritional information that would help your body to start feeling better sooner. As with any illness, Im sure it helps to drink plenty of water and get good rest and moderate exercise... I know the body craves sweet foods.. but I wonder if there are specific nutrients that have been depleted in your system and would make you feel better if they were replenished... or if there are any tricks to reboosting energy levels, etc. If anyone has any tips of their own or any suggestions for where I could get information, I'd really appreciate it!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Multivitamins and a good, steady diet of 3 meals a day, etc. Regardless of which drug, narcotics addiction is tough on the body because active addicts don't eat properly, if at all. Returning to being human is equally hard for the body as it is the mind. As is true with 99% of things in life, consistency is key. Sleep until you wake and feel rested (usually 6-9 hours a night). Don't oversleep either, can actually work against you and isn't a healthy routine for getting life stuff done during the remaining hours in the day (work, meetings, family time, etc).

Beware of focusing too much on food, I've known many who substituted sweets for drugs and ended up having to address how a newfound food addiction was impacting their life. Balance, another key to living spiritually.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello there, I'd avoid sweets, caffine, junk food.... ya know all the food thats fun. I know It's hard but try to eat semi cooked veggies or maybe raw veggies, friuts cereal grains ect.. get lots of sleep and some exercise too......even a little walk now and then.This is what I would do, but what do I know I'm a benzo addict, detoxing. I think our bodies need lot of nutrition and tlc no matter what were detoxed off. I'm sure other people would have better ideas but this might be a good start. ....emmer
Old 01-14-2006, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

In my experience, the only thing that made me feel better after kicking was time. it takes a little while to start feeling better. The good news is that off heroin, it doesn't take too long (at least for me), maybe a week or two to feel "normal" (methadone takes a shitload longer). Multi-vitamins are a great idea, healthy food too......for me though, chocloate was a miracle, I ate tones of candy bars, I think it has something to do with chocolate affecting some of the same receptors that dope does, but that's just a guess...

Good luck, it does get better!