Notices

Prayers Needed!!!!! +Accountability!!

Old 01-12-2006, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Prayers Needed!!!!! +Accountability!!

I saw the doctor for my upcoming surgery!!!

He said, quit smokking for 6 weeks and take the smoke free test, your back is a mess and need to be smoke free for this to work.

So, I start my smoke free journey now. I smoked for a minute today, and on my way home from the H&I meeting tonight I got out of Gooch's (We did a presentation, I called at last minute and he was there) new truck and got into my van, lit up and then I disposed of the other cigs. I had.

I need this surgery, Prayer and Meditation helps more than I ever knew, I take no pain killers for the pain I am dealing with, and it keeps me pleasant for the most part.

I was told this by this Doctor 3 years ago, and I switched doctors and now the solution is to as this doctor has asked and be accountable and true to myself and surrender and apply the same principles that got me and keep me clean.

So through POWER OF PRAYER, Please Pray for me and this journey, ask me how Im doing every now and again, I need you!!!

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((((((((((((Todd)))))))))))))))))

Prayers and Thoughts are headed your way and I will definitely keep you in my prayer list. I know that God has your back!!!!

Love Vic
Old 01-13-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

be accountable and true to myself and surrender and apply the same principles that got me and keep me clean.
Todd, you can do this....sending good thoughts and prayers. Support and treat yourself in this situation as you would treat a fellow friend in recovery.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by godsonmyside

So through POWER OF PRAYER, Please Pray for me and this journey, ask me how Im doing every now and again, I need you!!!

Peace,
Todd J.
((((((((((((((Todd)))))))))))))

Was just thinking about you this morning "How are you doing today?" Let us know we are here for you my friend.

Love Vic
Old 01-13-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As a matter of fact I was about to pray in a couple of minutes and I will include you in that Todd.
May the God of your understanding give you the serenity, the strength, the courage, the wisdom or whatever you need to do this!
I for one absolutly am comming to believe that everything is possible with a Higher Power. Heck, if it can remove the obsession to use for so many people it must be pretty darn powerful.

Big ((((Hugs)))) from Nick.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
REZ

Thoughts and prayers to you.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Todd are you OK? I haven't seen you here at SR today but of course I have been sleeping all day that might be the reason. I hope that your OK. Please check in and let us know how your doing physically, emotionally, etc.

Love Vic
Old 01-13-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Today I slept little and have had to go shopping for food and run around with the family, just got back in from the Friday Night meeting. I have been very soar all day, but keeping it moving is important to this process. I am blessed by the Love of members in this process and have been very active on the phone, I am a very active phone user.

Thanks for the concern and love shown here, We can do what I cant do alone. and If I don't let ya'll know how I'm doing, you might never know. Pain shared is pain lessened.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Pain shared is pain lessened.
I like that, Todd. I'm so sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery, but it sounds like you're well-prepared for it. Nothing's gonna stop ya! I'm proud of your strength and determination to get through this. How's the stopping-smoking going so far? When I quit, I sucked on Dum-Dum suckers. They're small and come in lots of flavors. It helped a lot. It's been four years now. I love the way my hair smells .... nice and clean! When I hug my NA family, they tell me "Ohh, your hair smells gooood!" LOL! Hey, remember the shampoo "Gee your hair smells terrific!"? Do they still make that stuff? Gosh, I loved that in high school.

Have a great weekend! I'll keep you in my prayers, Todd.

Kelly
Old 01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Thanks, I don't have hair, shving cream and soap!!!LOL

The smoking is rough, Tommorrow is the day, I'm praying about it and making the commitment and filling the Water bottles and got the gum ( Sugar Free ).

Thanks for the support!!

Peace,
Todd J.

I thought Gee you Hair smells terriffic was a Prell thing.
Advertising changed it but it was still Prell?
Old 01-15-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Todd how is it going today? Are you feeling OK? Are you still doing meetings or is that not possible now? I hope that you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers just like so many of us here at SR!!!! Just checking on you!! You can tell me it is none of my business LOL>>>OK my friend hope and pray all is well....

Love Vic
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Hey Now.

I'm keeping it moving, I still make meetings, I am the PI chair for the Area, H&I vice chair, and doing Programming for the Convention in 3 weeks. Also, I have 4 sponsees and a crazy sponsor, Life is good.

Today I have to drive my crazy family around and then I will relax on the couch and watch some football.

Thanks!!

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Thanks, I don't have hair, shaving cream and soap!!!
Hee-hee! Did you have an accident like this? ----> See! An even better reason to quit smoking, right?

I thought Gee you Hair smells terriffic was a Prell thing.
Advertising changed it but it was still Prell?
Oh gaaaawsh! I remember my dad using Prell. I hated the smell. It was a dark green tube of really, really thick, concentrated shampoo. Takes me back ....

Still sending prayers and support to ya, Todd. Hope the quitting-smoking is going well. And that's awesome how active you are with NA! Area meetings can be a trip sometimes! I have a lot of fun there (I'm just a substitute GSR, though ...)

I hope you'll keep updating this thread with your progress. You can do it!
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
cj.
Mending

Always in my prayers.

I hope you will find the relief that you need.

Peace
cj
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If I converted the difference in time zones correctly, today is the day for you.
I'm thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way, Todd
Let us know how it went if you can.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

The back pain has become more noticable, the smoking part is pretty frustrating, I make it about 12 hours and then I want to tear things apart, so I am praying for the obsession to be removed, it takes time. I refuse to beat myself up over it, in the same tokken, I don't like making excuses either, its a process of just doing it.

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement!!

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Leigh

I will be praying for you, I really hope your surgery goes well. Good luck with quitting smoking. Continue to pray and rely on God, he will help you!!!
LeighC
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thboughts and Prayes Todd!! If I can quit smoking, I know you can too. I hope the surgery helps you
Old 01-18-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Todd just thinking of you today are you doing OK..I know that here at SR there are a lot of people that go to the Nicotine thing for a lot of support have you thought of that? I just thought it might help to post there too but of course my thinking got me where I am today LOL>>>OK still have you in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know anything about stopping the smoke thing, I know that it is killing me but I still smoke.

Love Vic
Old 01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Yeah, its been fun during this process of not smoking, I struggle with it, I'm going to lay down soon, my back is killing me!!!!!!!!!

I am making the date for Friday again to not smoke, I have made 12 hr marks a couple of times and I am praying and Meditating, it will happen.

Thank you for the parayer and thoughts, we can do what I cant do alone, thats pretty much everything.

Peace,
Todd J.