Notices

My Story clean 14days today!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Thumbs up My Story clean 14days today!!!

Hello all recovering addicts, my name is Adam and I am new here. I would like to share my story with you guys and I want to be a part of your community.

About a week before Christmas I realized my life had become unmanagable. I knew I Had to come clean to my Wife, her family (who had no idea that I used), and my Mother and Brother. I decided I would wait until the day after Christmas to do a self-intervention. I told on myself to my Wife (who is a recovering heroin addict and has 6 years and 3 months clean). Then I got into full self-help mode. I needed to goto the emergency room on the 27th for the horrible withdrawal. I was withdrawing from oxycontin and morphine pills. The doctor at the ER looked at me and treated me like I was a piece of dirt. Anyway, he gave me a script of Clonidine to help with the cravings and I smoked pot that night for the last time. On the 28th I got myself into a detox/rehab. They detoxed me for 5 days on methadone and valium and then sent me to rehab (on the same campus). I would talk to my wife on the phone everyday and she couldn't sleep without me. She had also told me my son who is 18months old was pulling the hair out of his head (he was so disturbed that I was missing). He knew that daddy wasn't around. To make a long story short I got discharged from rehab very early because of the problems with my family. I hit a meeting that night, and I start intensive out patient counseling this coming thursday. I am very peaceful right now. My head is clear and I'm going to another meeting tonight. I got my white keytag on friday and the people at the meeting were very friendly. I also got a phone list and am currently looking for a sponser.

So thats it for now. 14days clean and it feels AMAZING. I can think straight again. When my son wakes up from his nap he and I will go to the park and play. Life is good right now, I know I'm riding the "pink cloud" and I know what to do if i get down in the dumps. Everyone has been VERY supportive of me.

Also, if you have any questions about me just post here and ask me... my life is an open book.
Looking forward to talking to everyone here,
Adam
Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

(((((Adam)))))

Welcome to SR and we are glad that you are here I hope that you keep coming back and keep us informed as you travel this road to recovery. I don't think that I had a pink cloud but I also know that whatever life throws my way I can stay clean Just For Today. I know that this is not an easy deal to do but it is doable. Just wanted to make you feel welcomed and I will reply more later. Sending good thoughts to you and your family. Oh yeah 14 days way to go. You might want to post on the Newcomers Forum and get a big welcome too.

Love Vic
Old 01-10-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

Hi there, Adam! I'm so glad you're here! It sounds like you're doing all the right things for your recovery and that you're focused and determined. Congratulations on 14 days! That's awesome! I'm so excited to hear you're involved with NA. I'm a firm believer in the support and guidance of NA. Without NA, I know I'd be secretly using and miserable. Keep hitting those meetings, use your phone list, and I'll pray for you that you can find a sponsor who'll be a good fit. Please stick around and keep posting. Welcome home!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Adam,

It's been a long time since I heard that expression "riding the pink Cloud".

Welcome to SR. You're in the right place. I was addicted to coke and narcotic pain killers. Just think about staying clean one day at a time or even one hour or even one minute at a time.

Keep posting. I will try to get back to you later.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Carol
Old 01-10-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats, Adam. You're doing great. Keep focused on your family, and don't use..right now. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering Addict

Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and awesome support. I know I can do this, with a little help from you guys, my family and my HP. I feel great and you know what? Whats working for me is one day at a time. Its up to me and my HP to get me right. Thanks again...
Love and Hugs,
Adam
Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PATIENCE

Adam Congrats On Your New Found Life, Its Great Isnt It. This Is The Best Thing Ive Ever Done For Myself.............. Keep Up The Hard Work It Is Worht It
Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SoberRecovery Adam, and congradulations on 14 days.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Adam, Good job on the coming clean!
Old 01-10-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
blah blah blahhhhh

Welcome To Sr Adam..... Congrats On The 14 Days
Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
REZ

Keep doing what you're doing. Ride that pink cloud as long as you can. And if you come down, keep on doing what you're doing...

Keep coming back!