Notices

Lost Dreams Awaken and New Possiblities Arise

Old 01-06-2006, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost Dreams Awaken and New Possiblities Arise

When the Drugs go and the addict works the program, wonderful things happen. Lost dreams awaken and new possibilities arise
basic text pg. 88

I'm getting married May 20, 2005. My dreams are coming true. My life has been filled with gifts since I've been in recovery. Now with the blessing of all my family members, my support group, my sponsor I'm ready to make that next step. That step to start a family. I have never been able to build any healthy relationships until I got clean. What I did was take woman hostages with my own inner battles. I don't have those today, well I don't have those that control my life today. My dream was to have a family one day. I wanted a woman who would be able to take care of herself for starters, but one who would also be a good mother too. I didn't want a woman who would leave there child like my mother did. God put this woman in my life who is self-sufficient, responsible and already is a good mother. This woman has an ambition a drive that I never thought was possible. She works, she is a mother, she owns her own house, car, she's not looking for a void-filler. She's already full, like myself. I wanted to attract a woman who was athletic, healthy, trustworthy, loving, caring, tolerant, patient, forgiving and the program taught me that water will seek it's own level and when I started living this life, I would attract this type of woman. 2 years later, my dreams are coming true. LOST DREAMS AWAKEN, NEW POSSIBLITIES ARISE
Old 01-06-2006, 07:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on your impending marriage. Yet another miracle of recovery!

Old 01-06-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Rocks!

WOW! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. And your post made me a bit teary-eyed, because it's so beautiful and from the heart. What an awesome testimony to the miracle of NA, huh?! Sounds like you and your HP brought a pretty amazing woman into your life, too. Such a gift! (And of course, you're not so bad yer-self ... )
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, I could never believe how true my dreams have become. My first week back into recovery my sponsor told me to make a list of a couple of dreams that I want to fulfill in life. a) I wanted to be clean and work all 12 steps and 12 traditions with an NA sponsor and build a relationship with God b) I wanted to stop smoking c) I wanted to be healthy, not just drug free healthy, but eat, live a healthy lifestyle d) To have a family one day e) To build a relationship with my father again f) to learn how to play the guitar

a) I'm clean, having written, shared and live the 12 and 12, Im back on my 3rd step for the 2nd time. God loves me so much, we talk everyday!
b) 13 months breathing freely without cigs
c) I've lost 40 lbs, I run 4 miles a day, 6 days a week. My girlfriend and I are going to be doing 5k's and 10 k's in the spring. Lazy is a defect that's on top of my list. I couldn't get off the couch in my first year clean. I'm a bull today.
d)May 20th, 2006 the Family begins
e) My dad loves me today, I talk to him everyday.
f) Heather just bought me a guitar for christmas.

Lost Dreams Awaken, New Possiblities Arise- New comers, write a list today and start working on buiding your base of recovery. Achieve your dreams and goals, start with a small commitment to NA and your wildest dreams will come true.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Vision of Hope

Our willingness to grow spiritually keeps us buoyant!!!!!!!!

Never ends brother. I keep a list, and it keeps growing because I put contitions on the possabilities, once those conditions were shattered, it became more real that the relationships I had with people got better, the relationship with God is growing stronger, and my goals although not all fullfilled yet, working towards them My faith is growing. I have to have a back- surgery soon and am taking no pain meds., I am not suffering because Prayer and Meditation are taking care of it and that has come because I really do believe that no matter what, God can and will do for me what I can not do for myself, And will do for me even more when I do beyond what I thaought I am capable of doing.

Peace,
Todd J.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oops may 20, 2006

thanks todd
Old 01-07-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
turning red!

ahhh Moon, you give me hopes
thanks for sharing...I'm with abf for 6 years and I wish we could have this happy event one day, when the time is right
For now he is working on his recovery
time will tell

all the best to you*
xxx
Carine
Old 01-07-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
((( ONCE BITTEN, TWICE SHY )))

Wow, that is huge! Im so happy for you and I dont evn know you.But I definetely know how you feel. Ive been clean one year and a half, and my miracles have just begun. Sure, theres still alot of work to be done, but when you work the sobriety program the way you should, the sky is the limit! I AM CONVINCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with your new wife and life, and may god continue to bless you with miracle upon miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats! Jennifer roses2005
Old 01-09-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

congratulations Moontime. That was a very uplifting post.